PDA

View Full Version : Montrose spook fest...

sukaB
09-06-2002, 10:38 AM
Anarchyoffroad will be running the Montrose areas around the end of this month with some big dogs friends of ours from the rock crawl circuits.
We usually run this run every year with just close friends but this year is special to us and we will be bringing anyone equipped well enough to run if they would like. If there is to many rigs then we will split and run Die tryin and Calamity canyon and then you'll switch for the next day. If not than we run together and have all sorts of fun.
We also will be running 21 road with anyone who might be able to take an extra third day off.
We will be camping and cooking out doors
You will be responsible for making sure you have all your important equipment. That includes spare parts that are prone to breaking!!! There will be plenty of help around and we will help every one there get out. A couple of friends of ours also from the local shops will also be attending-High Co Performance off-road, Absolute offroad and Advanced offroad.
If you have any questions just e-mail me
Hope to see you there, If you haven't been there trust me it's worth it....
Happy halloween:D

Vonski
09-07-2002, 12:40 AM
The end of this month (September), or around Halloween (end of October)? The Halloween reference threw me off a bit. Do they allow Toyotas on these trails? ;)

sukaB
09-07-2002, 01:01 PM
Yes sorry about the confusion!!!! I guess that's what happens when you try to talk and type at the same time...
Yes the end of Oct 25-26-27 seems to be the best with every one so far. Let me know if it's good for you and I will start putting a list together of who is comitted to coming.
I would really like to make this a really good time and have the people there that havent got to meet us and havent had the chance to wheel Montrose yet....:cool:
I will be planning on running and camping at the trail head to 21 road on Thursday night and wheelin the trail Friday and then head to Montrose friday night to meet with every one to head to the trails and camp. Yes any rig will be allowed on the trail with lockers and 33's I don't care what body it has on it-jeep toy zuki.
I would like to say that if you have a rear dana 35 than I would please rather not deal with that- sorry to sound rude but you will definately bust that and we would rather not go through that fiasco again for the third time....Bring your own camping gear,cold weather clothing just in case,and one hell of a capable rig.
HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE;)
B

bobdog
09-07-2002, 03:49 PM
I would like to come with you guys. can you tell us more about how tough the trails are? I run a CJ7 with the only weak link being the front end. It is locked F and R. 350, D60 rear, T18, 4.56, 35s, ect ect. I know how to drive it and I am not afraid to damage it but sure destruction is not what I am in to either. How do the trails compare to what I am familiar with (Moab-Pritchet, Heldorado, ect) I would hate to hold anyone up.

zukstur
09-07-2002, 05:12 PM
their are a couple of us in Dove Creek Co that would like to join you guys at montrose. we have rigs capable of running with you.

Rick D

sukaB
09-08-2002, 08:57 PM
Bobdog-sukstur-and anyone else,
Don't worry about holding anyone up, we just ask that you do proper maintenance before departure.
We are not pro's either and just love to have a good time.... The trail is more like
Lower Woodpecker AZ or Chokecherry Canyon type of wheelin.
The trails have a little Moab crawlin ledges but a lot of boulder wash crawlin.
Definately you can get through without body damage if you know the line and your vehicle!!!
We will be more than happy to help and assist if you would like us too, other than that we are there to get aquainted and have tons of fun.
This trip will be the fourth year in a row that us from out of state get together and wheel our butts off with no judges,cones,motels,or cops around so we look forward to this trip and just want everyone to have a great time.
Anarchyoffroad is new to this area and I've been here working for Tera for 5 years and just want to invite all the people I havent had the chance to meet yet. Bring your friends and family and trust me they won't forget it--neither will you!!!
Zukstur this will be the first year we will have any Zuki's with us and we would love to have ya, appoint someone to be responsible for your group and we will work together to make sure all party's have everything needed and have the best times of our many of weekend's......:D
Thanks and hope to see you there:)
Brandon

zukstur
09-08-2002, 09:29 PM
we try to have what we need if we brake, but you can't carry everything. we go over our rigs before every run so were not working on them on the trail and holding up others.
sounds like its going to be a good time. As we get closer to the run I will let you know if all 5 rigs will be able to make it.

sukaB
09-09-2002, 09:00 AM
I completely understand, I usually provide lots of parts for TJ's and YJ's for people to have spares as well but you can only carry so much.
Yah just keep in touch and I'll keep checking this forum to see what's going on and we might have a meeting before to meet and go over all the meeting places and find out when everyone can be there and when everyone will have to leave and so forth.
Having a good time will definetely happen!!!!!:D :D :D
have a good day

Vonski
09-10-2002, 10:35 PM
I'd like to make it out there with you guys. I need to see how the rig holds up in Farmington. :D I've been running a pretty good no breakage streak for most of the season, but we'll see what happens.

sukaB
09-11-2002, 08:48 AM
Yah I hear that.
I will have to slap something together or grab someones rig to get there if I break something bad.
It's a damn good time........
And a hell of alot cheaper than the Super crawl...
:eek:

Vonski
09-11-2002, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by sukaB
Yah I hear that.
I will have to slap something together or grab someones rig to get there if I break something bad.
It's a damn good time........
And a hell of alot cheaper than the Super crawl...
:eek:

Ya know, you could earn back your entry fee plus a whole lot more if you win. I really should be a financial advisor. :rolleyes:

sukaB
09-12-2002, 10:12 AM
If I could just win my money back from the weekend expendatures I would be happy.......:D
There's going to be some good rigs down there.
wwhhaa whhhoooo:cool:

sukaB
09-17-2002, 08:47 PM
Well we talked about it this weekend and how's the 25th 26th 27th sound for everyone.
Of course if you need to work on friday then you will have to meet and run Montrose and miss the 21 road on friday but that would be fine.
We will setup a meeting point on friday night map,and cell phone to make sure every party is accounted for.
Let me know??????:cool:

sukaB
09-25-2002, 12:21 PM
Call me or e-mail me if you would like to attend.
I'll keep checking back

zukstur
10-08-2002, 08:04 PM
we'll be in montrose for the saturday and sunday run. Where should we meet up with you guys saturday morning. We'll be the ones with a semi and several rigs on a drop deck trailer.

Rick D.
cell# 970-739-0124

sukaB
10-15-2002, 09:30 AM
Rick we can meet in town at the grocery store/Mc pherson offroad or at the trail head.
We will be camping next to the road on the way to the trail head.
Can't miss us.
Let me know what you think!
Thanks Brandon

sukaB
10-19-2002, 12:41 PM
One week before we leave, get your rigs ready if your going with.
The weather seems to be holding out for us this year.
Yaahhhooo
here's my number and I will contact some of you this weekend. Brandon 541-1402
I'm excited

Vonski
10-20-2002, 12:27 AM
Hey Sucka, thanks again for the original invitation but it looks like I won't be able to make it down for the 'ol Spookfest. Have fun you guys!

sukaB
10-20-2002, 11:44 AM
Damit Von,
You can go to the Supercrawl and all but no Montrose-
What gives yo