PDA

View Full Version : Trail Etiquette

TigerStripe40
10-11-2004, 11:46 AM
OK, so I was wheelign this weekend down in moab. There were 3 trucks total.

The person who was first in line would do an obstacle, then pull forward 1 car length, stop and get out of his vehicle to watch. :-\

Anyhow, the next person in line (me, in most cases) would come up, and since my vehicle is longer than his, I basically would have to stop while still on the obstacle, or ram my truck into the back of his, or take a line that would cause my truck to tip over :sick: And he KEEPS DOING IT. :mad2:

I called him on it. Informed him that this irritates me
He said that I am the only person who would expect the trail leader to pull forward so that everyone can get through, and that on every trail run, everyone does the same thing as he does. He named RME'rs specifically.

What is the appropriate trail etiquette?

I would hate to have to tap this guy in the butt with my truck that nearly doubles the weight of his.

Shawn
10-11-2004, 11:50 AM
I would have push him out of the way after asking him to move once. Then laughed. :rofl:

Freekin people........ :shawn:

James K
10-11-2004, 11:58 AM
push him out of your way.

when I run a trail and am in front I try and pull far enough forward to allow (with in reason) all vehicles to complete the said obsticle.

Spork
10-11-2004, 12:40 PM
So he would complete the obstacle stop one vehicle in front then watch the next person, move one vehicle, watch the next person, etc?

First time ask him to move more, second time put your bumper on his, third start pushing. Sorry most groups I've been with pull out of the way. Some even far enough so smaller groups can get past.

RockMonkey
10-11-2004, 12:52 PM
:D It depends on the group I'm wheeling with. With most groups I pull up far enough that I think everybody can fit on top of the obstacle. There are a few people I wheel with where I usually just don't stop or get out until the end of the trail. :) That way we can rip through trails and have enough time to do more. :D This only really works when you know everyone can do every obstacle without a spotter.

94redtoy
10-11-2004, 01:38 PM
some peoples kids. man what a tard. so you were wheeling with this guy, but you dont know him? i would definately push his sorry ass out of the way. its common sense to pull way ahead of an obstacle to stop so you can wach the next guy in line. i guess this guy doesnt know much about common sense.

mbryson
10-11-2004, 01:50 PM
I would have asked him to at least give everybody some room at the top of the obstacle. I would have found another trail buddy. I'm with Braden, why can't everybody keep moving unless there's an issue?

footin fool
10-11-2004, 03:00 PM
the leader should always get out of the way. Evan if he is an idiot and cant judge distance very well one car length. WTF give me a break!

mbryson
10-11-2004, 08:52 PM
Restored 'cuz I think etiquette is important. (even outside of golf)

Shawn
10-11-2004, 08:57 PM
I have seen this kind of person before. They feel that because they are the leader that they need to be in "control" of the trail. There for, stopping at every bump to see if everyone makes it. Stopping before each pebble to make sure everyone sees him go over it........

Just step aside and let us run the trail. :shawn:

ace
10-11-2004, 08:58 PM
Wasn't there a thread on Pirate where the guy drove over the vehicle blocking his path. It only seems logical that you would move out of the way before you got out to watch.

bobdog
10-11-2004, 09:01 PM
and that on every trail run, everyone does the same thing as he does. He named RME'rs specifically.

Who did he name? Come on we all really want to know.

Shawn
10-11-2004, 09:02 PM
Demmon Jeep.............. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

James K
10-11-2004, 09:07 PM

I know I do :D

Shawn
10-11-2004, 09:19 PM
I know I do :D
Spill it!

I have PM....... ;)

Caleb
10-11-2004, 10:02 PM
Wasn't there a thread on Pirate where the guy drove over the vehicle blocking his path. It only seems logical that you would move out of the way before you got out to watch.

Yes, but it wasn;t exactly like that...it was Billy Bob I believe...and he was drunk and its has happened way more than once...

TigerStripe40
10-11-2004, 10:08 PM

Sorry, that statement was a little ambiguous.
He said that RME'ers in general did the same thing.
He didn't name specific names

RockMonkey
10-11-2004, 10:10 PM
Sorry, that statement was a little ambiguous.
Interesting. Seems the concensus here (on RME) is somewhat different. Hopefully he reads this thread and changes his trail behaviour in the future.

DevinB
10-12-2004, 11:44 AM
Yeah, I make sure and get waaay out of the way so everyone can get through. Anyone who would stop right on top of an obstacle needs a little edumacation.
Devin

Greg
10-12-2004, 04:47 PM

I love people that generalize... :rolleyes:

That dude is a complete & total dumbass. (There, I have no idea who he is or what he stands for, but I if he can be a presumptive ass, then I can too. :D )

Chiksic
10-12-2004, 05:00 PM
He named RME'rs specifically.

I don't know about ya'll but I think there's a little conflict in those two statements.

mbryson
10-12-2004, 05:01 PM
I don't know about ya'll but I think there's a little conflict in those two statements.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Shawn
10-12-2004, 08:19 PM
Sounds like someone I know that is running for office........ :ugh:

DevinB
10-13-2004, 09:31 AM
Sounds like someone I know that is running for office........ :ugh:

Fine, since you said that, I'm going to hijack this thread and insist everyone listen to this website...
http://johnkerryads.websiteanimal.com/
Devin

Spork
10-13-2004, 09:35 AM
Fine, since you said that, I'm going to hijack this thread and insist everyone listen to this website...
http://johnkerryads.websiteanimal.com/
Devin
http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/showthread.php?t=15008

TigerStripe40
10-14-2004, 02:47 PM
Restored 'cuz I think etiquette is important. (even outside of golf)

I got what I wanted out of this thread.
I had it deleted as such.

It was restored against my wishes.

The person that this was about has read the thread, and now I have some serious issues with this persons' and my friendship.

I had posted this initially because they had said that RME'ers had done the same thing he did.

To the person I have offended. I sincerely appologize for the comments that were made. I posted this thread from MY perspective. I was uncomfortable on the trail. I want us to leave this behind. I will say no more on this issue.

cruiseroutfit
10-14-2004, 03:06 PM
:confused:

Note to self: Do not instigate a finger pointing game on the internet if you are not prepared to anger the person on the other end of the finger!

mbryson
10-14-2004, 03:17 PM
I got what I wanted out of this thread.
I had it deleted as such.

It was restored against my wishes.

The person that this was about has read the thread, and now I have some serious issues with this persons' and my friendship.

I had posted this initially because they had said that RME'ers had done the same thing he did.

To the person I have offended. I sincerely appologize for the comments that were made. I posted this thread from MY perspective. I was uncomfortable on the trail. I want us to leave this behind. I will say no more on this issue.

I'm sorry you're offended that I brought this back up. I've heard a lot of this kind of talk about what's appropriate/not appropriate in the past few years and this being a 'discussion' forum, I thought it should remain for people to input ideas.

I'm sorry this has threatened your friendship but I believe friendships can survive all kinds of adversity if both parties are willing to work towards an agreeable state. Good luck with your friend and I hope to see you guys on a trail sometime (probably not soon for me, unfortunately).

Shawn
10-14-2004, 04:19 PM
GOOD!
I hope the guy that blocked the trail reads this. People like this piss me and many others right the F off.

Maybe this guy learned a lesson, if not, I HOPE he is front of me next time ;)

cruiseroutfit
10-14-2004, 04:20 PM
GOOD!
I hope the guy that blocked the trail reads this. People like this piss me and many others right the F off.

:rofl:

James K
10-14-2004, 07:06 PM
GOOD!

you are such a........................... :rofl: :rofl:

Caleb
10-14-2004, 08:03 PM
:confused:

Note to self: Do not instigate a finger pointing game on the internet if you are not prepared to anger the person on the other end of the finger!

;)

you said you talked to him about it, yet when he found out about it from this post he was pissed :confused: did you really talk to him or did you just come running to the internet?

Shawn
10-14-2004, 08:59 PM
you are such a........................... :rofl: :rofl:

I'm trying to become what I use to be that you have become :eek2: is it working?

James K
10-14-2004, 09:36 PM
I'm trying to become what I use to be that you have become :eek2: is it working?

you are coming along nicely grasshopper :D

Shawn
10-14-2004, 09:51 PM
you are coming along nicely grasshopper :D
;)

TigerStripe40
10-23-2004, 10:15 AM
;)

you said you talked to him about it, yet when he found out about it from this post he was pissed :confused: did you really talk to him or did you just come running to the internet?

I did talk to him about it. he wouldn't listen to me.
He kept dodging the issue, and was trying to tell my that my truck didn't have enough gearing.

mbryson
10-23-2004, 11:38 AM
.............. and was trying to tell my that my truck didn't have enough gearing.

All in due time. Nobody's ever 'done' with their rig. Trail manners are definitely something to have and learn, though.

James K
10-23-2004, 03:51 PM
I did talk to him about it. he wouldn't listen to me.
He kept dodging the issue, and was trying to tell my that my truck didn't have enough gearing.

so instead of resolving one issue, he starts another problem.

give me a break. he got called on something and has nothing better to say then "your rig needs more gearing".

that is just sad.

EZRhino
10-23-2004, 04:02 PM
That guy sounds like a jackass. My opinion is, smaller faster moving groups should be allowed to play through. If you have another group that comes up on your tail and stays there, chances are you need to let them pass.

EZ

Ford Prefect
10-30-2004, 09:53 AM
so instead of resolving one issue, he starts another problem.

give me a break. he got called on something and has nothing better to say then "your rig needs more gearing".

that is just sad.

YEAH,

I am going to have to go with James on this one

I mean really, if he got on here, he must have seen just how wrong it would be to stop in front of people like that. I mean, really, we are out there to enjoy ourselves, if a guy stops at the top like that, what the heck!

I had a guy once come up the trail to the first main obsticle, and block it, so when I was coming back down the trail, he was no where around. I guess the yota moron thought that because his stupid thing could not make it that no one could. So here I come down this trail, after already going WAY past where this moron was, and I had to wait for 15 min while the line got longer behind me, and his friends looked for him! Talk about ready to pull his butt out of the way!

Cheers all :)

Brian

ewander
10-30-2004, 10:12 AM
I'm sorry you guys, I will never do it again. I accept tiger's appology and will try to do better in the future. I'm on some medication now that is making me much better.

Just kidding, it wasn't me but if it makes anybody feel better....let's be honest, I have never led a trail in my life....I mean c'mon we all want to make it out right?

Yeah, mmm-kay as soon as parking became an issue it was time to move on.