PDA

View Full Version : Mineral Basin on SAT!

95jeepgrndchke
09-04-2003, 06:28 PM
Me and my buddies are going to MIneral Basin this Saturday Does N E one know if you can have fires up there?

chadbuckner
09-04-2003, 08:37 PM
Last I heard thats a big NOPE but call the forest service and they will let you know

Fuller
09-04-2003, 09:00 PM
www.americanforkcanyon.com may have some info on the closures but i dunno

if not check it out anyway if you havent, there is lots of other good info on there.

RamToy
09-04-2003, 09:00 PM
I talked to a ranger up AF the other day, and he said definatley no fires. So i asked him when do you think they will lift the ban, an he said typically there has to be about 3 weeks of wet weather. :eek2:

Cory
09-05-2003, 09:27 AM
On the news last night (I think channel 5) it said that the fire bans would be lifted this week in most places except for the north west corner of the state. I thought it sounded weird since there are ususally fire bans during the Elk Hunt in early October. But they had a map and interviewed some state official.

my4thjeep
09-05-2003, 09:49 AM
last saturday i was up there and fires were still banned.

Caleb
09-05-2003, 09:58 AM
open fires are banned but fires in existing pits are allowed...atleast they were two weeks ago when I was up there (but I camped in Granite Flats camp ground)...

cruiseroutfit
09-05-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by supergper
open fires are banned but fires in existing pits are allowed...atleast they were two weeks ago when I was up there (but I camped in Granite Flats camp ground)...

When Caleb says pits... he means improved, surrounded by cement in the improved campgounds... not any fire ring that you see. As of Monday, fires were not allowed up AF and I doubt that will change til October...

Caleb
09-05-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by cruiseroutfit

When Caleb says pits... he means improved, surrounded by cement in the improved campgounds... not any fire ring that you see. As of Monday, fires were not allowed up AF and I doubt that will change til October...

yeah, thanks for the clarification...

Hickey
09-06-2003, 08:09 AM
Wow, sounds like fun. I would go, but I'll be on the internet instead..:rofl:

Shawn
09-06-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Hickey
Wow, sounds like fun. I would go, but I'll be on the internet instead..:rofl:

Bahahahahahhaha!!!

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!