Thread: chevy full size axles

Amish dude

chevy full size axles

Anyone know of a place to get chevy axles without the high cost? These are going under a samurai, so they don't need to be 14 bolt/d60. I am just looking for any full size axles to start out and tinker with. Or if someone has some laying around, that they want to get rid of, that would be nice.
    May the 25 cent soda live forever!

2. We invite you to join our Off-Road Community!

Welcome Guest! Please take the time to join us. It's Free!

Registering is required for you to post on the forums. Joining (which is free) will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, search our forums, view full attachments, and other contents of RME4x4.com. It's free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click here to join our community!

If you are already a member of RME, please login above to gain full access to the site.

keep your eyes in the Thrifty's or pick n pull.

i have some axles from an old ram charger i can sell for cheap, dana 44's i think, call me if you are interested 435-381-2695

Troy
    94 rodeo
    coil front sas. 5.38 diff gears, tera low xfer case gears, Dual t cases, winch, rock protection, 35" bfg muds, arb's, etc.

The old waggy 44's make good axles for a sammy. If you look around you can find a rear that is offset like the sammys. I had a front and rear 44 from a waggy that I sold to a guy on here a while back for 200 for the pair.
    85 toyota truck with lots of parts waiting to be installed (vortec 5.3L, 4l60e and so on).

Resident Thread Killer Coreshot's Avatar
    I found my new axles at a wrecking yard in Grantsville. A reverse cut D44 front and 9 inch rear for $350. They're out of a 77-79 F150. 66 inches wms-wms. Charles at RMA retubed the D44 so that the diff was on the right side for my Toy for $200. Not too bad for $550 total. I searched the yards here in town, but everyone wanted $600-$700 for the same thing.

Amish dude

Talking

Thanks for the info, guys. I know that the waggy's axles are great for a samurai, but I put a buick 225 v-6 under the hood of mine, so It will definitely not be a street rig. I figure go that far, I might as well do the full size axles. And troy, I will be giving you a call to see what we can work out. Thanks again, guys!

I got some 3/4 ton chev axles. rear 9.75 and the front is a round knuckle 44. both complete with rims and tires. $250. gotta get em out of the way soon though. call me 955-7914. Payment plans are available.
    How hard is it to sling chevs under a samuri?
    SKYCHROME= ResIDent CraCK BayBeE
    Trample the weak Hurtle the dead
    I swear it's the smileys that made me do it.....

My pictures

Thanks for the info, guys. I know that the waggy's axles are great for a samurai, but I put a buick 225 v-6 under the hood of mine, so It will definitely not be a street rig. I figure go that far, I might as well do the full size axles. And troy, I will be giving you a call to see what we can work out. Thanks again, guys!
    sounds like a plan.
    94 rodeo
    coil front sas. 5.38 diff gears, tera low xfer case gears, Dual t cases, winch, rock protection, 35" bfg muds, arb's, etc.

Amish dude

Thumbs up

How hard is it to sling chevs under a samuri?
    Not too tough, from what I've seen. They are pretty wide, but that actually helps with making your own linkages, etc. I've seen it on a few samurais, and it is really trick.

By the way, i've never heard of "round knuckle dana 44's." what does this mean. Don't tell me that this is a closed knuckle birfield type! Oh well, 44's are good anyways. And what year truck are the axles off of? Just for my info for research.

Thanks guys!

Every one wants flat top knuckles for x-over steering. I am not sure how to know what trucks these came on. I think fords had em alot. I was just basically telling ya that they weren't flat tops. Open knuckled 44's 3/4ton like normal. off of roughly an 85 chev truck?
    Let me know if you think you want em......
    SKYCHROME= ResIDent CraCK BayBeE
    Trample the weak Hurtle the dead
    I swear it's the smileys that made me do it.....

My pictures