Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Off-Roader

Old Off-Roader

Hello there,
    I am new to this site, but not to the world. I've been around the sun 52 times and down a 4X4 trail a time or two.
    I don't think I can be described as an extreme wheeler any more, but I can appreciate what you guys/gals do. Years ago I was the director of a large 4X4 club in So. California (Santa Ana Chrysler/Jeep Adventurer's Club) I moved to Utah in '95. My wife gets very upset when I go "wheeling" alone, (please no lectures) so here I am, hoping to meet some fun, but sane, wheelers. I drive a '97 Land Rover Disco I, with all the toys.....F&R lockers, winch, lift, rack, etc. My "drug of choice" is commomly refered to as "expedition wheeling" where as I enjoy overnight/multi-day adventures ending up as far from any pavement as possible. My goal is returning home, NOT seeing how much damage I can accrue on a trip. My rig known as "The Queen's Tractor" carries plates that read "OFFROVN" and always has part of it's cargo area reserved for malt beverages from Canada. I spent 30 years in the automotive industry, mainly auto body, and have turned a screw or two on a few cars and trucks.
    I hope to get to meet some like minded wheelers for some fun trips.

Tom

2. We invite you to join our Off-Road Community!

Welcome Guest! Please take the time to join us. It's Free!

Registering is required for you to post on the forums. Joining (which is free) will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, search our forums, view full attachments, and other contents of RME4x4.com. It's free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click here to join our community!

If you are already a member of RME, please login above to gain full access to the site.

Welcome to RME Tom
    Kurt Williams
    Cruiser Outfitters
    Your original outfitter for OME - ARB - AA - Safari - Helton - Engel - Since 1992
    Join us on Facebook
    ExpeditionUtah - A lifelong project of exploring Utah
    kurt@cruiseroutfitters.com

"You are truly the Justin Bieber of expedition" - JL Rockies

Welcome to RME.
    NOTE: Diagnostics are ENABLED during power-on boot
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_("). COPY BUNNY INTO SIG TO HELP HIM ACHIEVE WORLD DOMINATION

Welcome to the forum.
    I May Scare You, But I Won't Kill You!

Welcome
    my 82 toyota build
    Front bumperbuild
    Beadlock build
    hydro static crawler

Blog Entries
    welcome Tom. I'd love to learn from your experience. Hopefully we get to run a trail together soon. Keep your eye on the "upcoming wheeling trips" section to find other people to wheel with.
    '05 4runner Lorenzo Build Thread

'99 Miata DD Build Thread

“If you’re not making someone else’s life better, you’re wasting your time.” -Will Smith

Hello.
    Grammar. The difference between feeling you're nuts and feeling your nuts.

Welcome, I too came to Utah from California in 1996 and am 81 years young. Belonged to "The Rough Wheelers" out of Redondo Beach and "Scouts West" out of Placentia. You have come to the right forum for trips and 4x4 stuff.

Welcome on behalf of RME and the U4WDA.
    Be sure to read all the instructions in "Introductions & using the Forum".

U4WDA believes the four wheeling community is best served by:
    1. Education thru the use of classes, pamphlets, and films to teach responsible conservation.
    2. Use Auto Dealerships and suppliers for the distribution of information.
    3. Support Utah Counties in obtaining Quiet Claims to roads within their jurisdiction.
    4. Stays informed and work closely with all Government Agencies and local law enforcement.
    5. Where practical uses peer pressure to keep OHV use within the law.
    6. Inform local agencies and law enforcement of illegal OHV use.

We promote the following: BRC/UFWDA: National legislation, action alerts, lobbying, etc
    USA-All:- Local legislation, action alerts, lobbying, etc
    U4WDA: On the ground actions. Service projects, education, club training, broadcasting the needs of Usa-All, UFWDA & BRC to its member clubs. Require clubs to be members of Usa-All, UFWDA & BRC, tie it into dues.
    Member Clubs: Rides, education, hats, jackets, newsletters, raffles, etc. Require membership in U4WDA
    Individuals: Join a club and promote responsible use amongst fellow travelers.
    BRC:- National legislation, action alerts, lobbying, etc
    Usa-All:- Local legislation, action alerts, lobbying, etc
    U4WDA: On the ground actions. Service projects, education, club training, broadcasting the needs of Usa-All & BRC to its member clubs. Require clubs to be members of Usa-All & BRC, tie it into dues.
    Member Clubs: Rides, education, hats, jackets, newsletters, raffles, etc. Require membership in U4WDA
    Individuals: Join a club and promote responsible use amongst fellow travelers.
    http://delalbright.com/index2.html

http://www.sharetrails.org/recreation-toolkit

http://www.nohvcc.org/education/education.asp
    http://www.u4wda.org
    http://www.usaall.org

Welcome!!

welcome disco's are kinda cool i enjoyed mine before my girlfriend started cutting it up..

sorry to hear you have the gems motor lol

For the record....I did my growin' up in a small 3 stop sign town just north of Niagara Falls NY, known as Lewiston. I moved to CA when I was 26 and then to Utah when I was 35.

Thanks everyone!!! Just a few fine tune tweaks on my suspension and brakes a we're ready. Fuel, food and beer purchases are subject to approval by the CEO (That ain't me)
    I Hope to see you out on the trails very soon!!!

@ ZJames... ROFPMP (rolling on floor peeing my pants) BTW: My Gems is lovingly refered to as the "Gutless Wonder" and the "wonder" is for: Wonder which trouble code will be next? LOL

Welcome looking forward to hopefully seeing you on the trail.
    ^^^I said that^^^

'09 JKU Rubi with some stuff on it.

​I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.

Formerly black_ZJ jeep-N-montero's Avatar
    Tom, is fishing part of your resume as well?
    All gave some, some gave all.

Dirt Hedz Off-Road Club mike thurston's Avatar
    Welcome!

HahHahah that just made my night.. I'll see if I can get a sticker (gutless wonder) made for you lol
    Quote Originally Posted by OFFROVN View Post
    For the record....I did my growin' up in a small 3 stop sign town just north of Niagara Falls NY, known as Lewiston. I moved to CA when I was 26 and then to Utah when I was 35.

Thanks everyone!!! Just a few fine tune tweaks on my suspension and brakes a we're ready. Fuel, food and beer purchases are subject to approval by the CEO (That ain't me)
    I Hope to see you out on the trails very soon!!!

@ ZJames... ROFPMP (rolling on floor peeing my pants) BTW: My Gems is lovingly refered to as the "Gutless Wonder" and the "wonder" is for: Wonder which trouble code will be next? LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast