Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2012 TeraFlex All Jeep Show

2012 TeraFlex All Jeep Show

When: June 16, 2012
    Where: Miller Motorsports Park
    2901 North Sheep Lane, Tooele, Utah 84074 (Facility Map)
    Time: 10 am - 2 pm

This year's All Jeep Show is just around the corner, and we will have it at the Miller Motorsports Park Off-Road Course again this year. Last year's show was awesome! we had a huge turnout, everyone was able to run portions of the course, try the RTI ramp, and many walked away with a trophy. Don't miss this year's event, it promises to be better than the last.

We will be having a huge raffle to raise money for the Utah 4 Wheel Drive Association. 100% of all proceeds will go towards keeping YOUR trails open!

Pre-registration is $15 (Before May 15th), or $25 (May 16th through the day of the show).
    Registration is filling up fast, so don't wait to register or you might be too late!

Show Flyer
    Registration Form

Tickets are required - But are FREE!
    Simply go to the main ticket office the day of the show, and let them know you are there for the TeraFlex All Jeep Show.
    The ticket gets you in the gate. It is basically your acceptance of the MMP rules and liability waiver.

A few FAQs on the MMP off road course -
    You are more than welcome to bring along your pets (as long as they are well-behaved, and on a leash).
    Feel free to bring your own cooler packed with snacks and (non-alcoholic) beverages.
    And camp chairs are always a good thing to keep your feet rested!

See you there!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AJS-2012.jpg  
    Last edited by TeraFlex; 06-15-2012 at 10:48 AM.

5241 S. Commerce Dr.
    Murray, Utah 84107-4711
    Phone: 801.288.2585
    Fax: 801.713.2313
    www.teraflex.com

2. We invite you to join our Off-Road Community!

Welcome Guest! Please take the time to join us. It's Free!

Registering is required for you to post on the forums. Joining (which is free) will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, search our forums, view full attachments, and other contents of RME4x4.com. It's free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click here to join our community!

If you are already a member of RME, please login above to gain full access to the site.

Always a good show.

Im going for best YJ this year.....
    Check out ALLJEEP.COM for all your JEEP, TOYOTA, GM, FORD and buggy needs.

I'm sure we will be there again since we enjoy the show. Might I suggest a few things TeraFlex could do to improve the judging of the jeeps ?
    1. Last years judging consisted of one guy wandering through the jeeps picking out what he thought looked cool. You ask us to fill out a form that shows what has been done to the jeeps so why not have part of the judging be a score based on technical merit and the second half on what it looks like.
    2. Please don't shortchange the awards for Jeeps that aren't TJ or JK. Have three awards for each category.
    3. Please make up your mind if you are a car show or a jeep show. Last years classic jeep winner was a car show jeep that looks great but isn't even registered to be driven on road or off and there were many classic jeeps there that were way better off road rigs.

Fair judging, no way.. Different categories make sense for sure, especially those super high tech jeeps out there.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    I'm sure we will be there again since we enjoy the show. Might I suggest a few things TeraFlex could do to improve the judging of the jeeps ?
    1. Last years judging consisted of one guy wandering through the jeeps picking out what he thought looked cool. You ask us to fill out a form that shows what has been done to the jeeps so why not have part of the judging be a score based on technical merit and the second half on what it looks like.
    2. Please don't shortchange the awards for Jeeps that aren't TJ or JK. Have three awards for each category.
    3. Please make up your mind if you are a car show or a jeep show. Last years classic jeep winner was a car show jeep that looks great but isn't even registered to be driven on road or off and there were many classic jeeps there that were way better off road rigs.
    Dave,
    Thanks for your comments. We really do want to make this a show that everyone wants to attend, and brings out their favorite Jeep. We try hard to make this a success for the whole family, and bring the local off road community together. We don't try to make this a 'come buy our parts' show. The Miller Motorsports Park really is a great venue for this show, and allows everyone to come out and have fun. In response to some of your concerns:

1 - Last year there were 3 judges, and the 'build sheet' for each entry was taken into consideration in the total score. Judging is one of those 'can't win situations' - unfortunately someone will always disagree, and feels slighted. This is definitely not our intent.
    2 - Fair enough. There will be 3 awards for each category from now on.
    3 - Ultimately we have to be both. Points, and judging opinions are based on how capable the vehicle is (can it be driven off road) and how it looks (does it look like a nice Jeep).

We really do try to put on a good show, and judge all of the Jeeps fairly. If anyone wants to volunteer to help judge - please let us know! (Of course you would not be able to participate in the show by entering your own Jeep!), or if you have a proven judging format that has worked well in the past, feel free to pass it along to us.
    If anyone else has any opinions on the show and how to make it better, please chime in! We really want this to be a great show for everyone!

Thanks,
    The TeraFlex Team
    Last edited by TeraFlex; 04-14-2012 at 02:36 PM.

5241 S. Commerce Dr.
    Murray, Utah 84107-4711
    www.teraflex.com

Thanks for looking at my concerns. I only saw one judge last year and he spent most of his time talking to people. I didn't see him look under any of the jeeps to check out the technical aspects of the jeeps or how well the modifications were done. I did go out on the course with my son and maybe that is when I missed the other judges and them checking things out. On the car show jeep I am showing a bit of bias, it does look nice but it is never driven and two years ago when he didn't win first he didn't even come up to get his award. I go to the show every year that I can and don't go just to win awards but I was bummed to see the categories collapsed and fewer awards given out. See you at the show.
    Last edited by DaveB; 04-15-2012 at 05:44 AM.

Moab...It calls to me jeeponthebrain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    Im going for best YJ this year.....
    Me too!!! Best of luck...
    "All Roads Lead To Moab"

I have to somewhat agree with Dave. I have gone to the for the last 4 years and entered in the last 3. I was quite disappointed when i got to the show last year, only to find out that all the "unibody's" had been lumped into one class. It kinda sends the wrong message to us "other" jeep owners. I was also kinda bummed to not see all the Toyota boys last year, but i suppose that's out of your control. (Fingers crossed that this year is as good if not better than ever!)
    It's $10 for a BJ, $12 for an HJ, $15 for a ZJ...
    What's a ZJ?
    If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

I am excited! See you there!
    I'm not tense, just terribly, terribly alert.

www.digitalscrapbookmemories.com

2012 TeraFlex All Jeep Show Trophy List

Best of Show
    Best Jeep Ramp Score
    Best Crawler Ramp Score
    TJ Trail Jeep
    1st Place
    2nd Place
    3rd Place
    TJ Extreme Jeep
    1st Place
    2nd Place
    3rd Place
    JK Trail Jeep
    1st Place
    2nd Place
    3rd Place
    JK Extreme Jeep
    1st Place
    2nd Place
    3rd Place
    YJ Wrangler
    1st Place
    2nd Place
    3rd Place
    CJ (1941-1986)
    1st Place
    2nd Place
    3rd Place
    XJ Cherokee
    1st Place
    2nd Place
    3rd Place
    Grand Cherokee
    1st Place
    2nd Place
    3rd Place
    Crossover Jeep (Liberty, Patriot, Commander, Compass, etc)
    1st Place
    2nd Place
    3rd Place
    Classic Jeep (Commando, Honcho, Willys Truck, Jeepster, etc)
    1st Place
    2nd Place
    3rd Place
    Toyota Trail Rig
    1st Place
    2nd Place
    3rd Place
    Expedition Vehicle
    1st Place
    2nd Place
    3rd Place
    Rock Crawler & Buggy
    1st Place
    2nd Place
    3rd Place

This it the biggest year for trophies so far!

5241 S. Commerce Dr.
    Murray, Utah 84107-4711
    www.teraflex.com

We'll be out there with both Jeeps!
    Do I need to pay twice? Can I fax my form in?

Might just have to register and polish up the Jeep again in a couple weeks. I never realized how purdy my JK was when it was waxed since yesterday was the first time I've waxed it since I bought it in December.
    ^^^I said that^^^

I miss my Jeep.

​I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.

Quote Originally Posted by gravesdiggerxj View Post
    We'll be out there with both Jeeps!
    Do I need to pay twice? Can I fax my form in?
    Sorry a entry fee is require for every Jeep. You can fax your forms to 801-713-2313 or email them to v.pratt@teraflx.com

5241 S. Commerce Dr.
    Murray, Utah 84107-4711
    www.teraflex.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast