View Poll Results: Should I keep it 4x4 or add some training wheels (6x6)?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4x4

12 37.50%
  • 6x6

20 62.50%
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Stan Prueitt's new Jeep Project -The Urban Survivors Assault Vehicle/Zombie Hunter

If you need me to come up after work let me know.

2. We invite you to join our Off-Road Community!

Welcome Guest! Please take the time to join us. It's Free!

Registering is required for you to post on the forums. Joining (which is free) will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, search our forums, view full attachments, and other contents of RME4x4.com. It's free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click here to join our community!

If you are already a member of RME, please login above to gain full access to the site.

Quote Originally Posted by blznnp View Post
    how much is the jeep going to be extended?
    About a mile. got alot of gear to haul I will know better after the mock up of the suspension. About 30+ inches.
    Stan Prueitt
    Dodge T-Rex 6x6
    http://urbansurvivors.com/

OK so I got the axles back from Ventures Truck Parts and wow they are cool, and beefy!!! I will show more on them in a bit. I threw the tire on and rolled them underneath to start getting some placement ideas.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF8475.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	251.6 KB 
ID:	71575Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF8476.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	249.6 KB 
ID:	71576Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF8477.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	247.8 KB 
ID:	71577
    Stan Prueitt
    Dodge T-Rex 6x6

Woot woot! Look at those sweet things!

Looks good! Can't wait to see this one in action.

Android using Tapatalk (probably @ work)
    01 QC/SB 6-SPEED, ARC FLOW & 3-PIECE, FASS 150, EDGE DRAG COMP, DDP 150'S, COMPOUND TURBOS, 5" EXT, GAUGES, 5" LIFT, HYD-ASSIST STEERING, 37 SPLINE D80 REAR, 255/70R 22.5 MICHELIN XD2. IN THE WORKS: DANA 80 FRONT

Blog Entries
    I'll have to keep watching because I don't understand how both rear axles get powered....

Blog Entries
    I like how far apart each axle is.
    '05 4runner Lorenzo Build Thread

'99 Miata DD Build Thread

“If you’re not making someone else’s life better, you’re wasting your time.” -Will Smith

4x4 Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocflip201 View Post
    I'll have to keep watching because I don't understand how both rear axles get powered....
    By looking at the middle axle facing towards the rear I would think some kind of a V drive or something like that. Maybe something like a SCS transfer case or something like that.

LT.

With the rear axles mounted that far apart, aren't the tires gonna scrub a TON when you turn? Even to the point where you couldn't turn at all without a massive amount of binding? My trailer tires scrub a ridiculous amount, and the axles on it are only 36"(?) apart... Is there something I am missing?
    Grammar. The difference between feeling you're nuts and feeling your nuts.

We will do our best to get it figured out so there not to far apart.

No stearing on the rear axle??

4x4 Addict!
    Stan is trying something different than his last truck. Smaller, lighter, and more maneuverable. All qualties the t rex did not have. He and his build partner are sharp individuals who will have this figured out. They are still trying to figure out stuff at this point. I also would think rear steer would be a great idea but, it would make some things complicated and that may have to wait for another day. I think they are trying to have this done by the first of june. Not a lot of time for a build this ambitious.

Great build fellas! Keep up the great work.

LT.

Hmmm, no rear steer and the rear axles that far apart???? I'm thinking some sort of hydrostatic drive. Always wanted to see that on an off road rig.
    Too many projects, too little time.

Alex and I really wrangled with the Wrangler design. The plan was to set a drop box (out of a monster truck) in the middle of the two axles and a short drive shaft between the drop box and the axles. This would allow alot of articulation not having two drive shafts coming out of the transfer case and have to use a carrier baring to get the rear drive shaft all the way back. The we hit a snag. Tom Wood would have a difficult time matching our 14 spline 1480 yokes comming off of the Drop box. He then started talking about custom yokes and the $$$$$$$$$$$ went up way out of my budget. So I picked up a 205 to see if it would work inbetween the axles. It is much heavier and tons wider. this pushed the axles too far apart creating a breakover danger for the t-case, and tire scrub would be a huge issues. also it would make the jeep alittle longer than I would want. DANG I want this to be street legal so 6 wheel steering was not an option. So we will have to settle for alittle les articulation and more drive shaft, thus the 205 is going to be put after the t-case and we will have both axles facing forward and more drive shafts with a carrier to get the rear to the rear.

Last night we fabed the crossmember for the t-case and redesigned the suspension. First set back will be overcome.
    Stan Prueitt
    Dodge T-Rex 6x6

$$$$$ is no joke! I looked up the price of end yokes and there almost 200 a piece! And you don't even get a free toaster!

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast