Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Here we go again...

Here we go again...

I just got a notice in the mail today from SITLA. Seems they want to auction off a bunch more land, and two of the parcels are in Pole Canyon south of Moab... yep, the same Pole Canyon where Lower Helldorado was recently sold.

This time the parcels are a quarter-section (160 acres) and a half-section (320 acres). I can't tell from the map exactly where they are, or if any trails might be included (Upper Helldorado, more of Strike Ravine, and Coyote Canyon are in the area).

We (RR4W) have a meeting on Friday with SITLA on an unrelated matter, and I will try to get more info then. In the meantime, just consider this a heads-up. The notice is also on the SITLA website.

Jeff

2. We invite you to join our Off-Road Community!

Welcome Guest! Please take the time to join us. It's Free!

Registering is required for you to post on the forums. Joining (which is free) will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, search our forums, view full attachments, and other contents of RME4x4.com. It's free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click here to join our community!

If you are already a member of RME, please login above to gain full access to the site.

Please continue keep us posted Jeff. If the land does include any Trails, hopefully the 4wd crowd can purchase it this time & we can delegate what happens with the area.
    Join - Participate - Donate

USA-All

U4WDA

Forgot to mention, the auction will be at 10:00 AM on May 14, 2004, at the Little America Hotel in Salt Lake.

How can we get a map that shows the areas for sale?

I got the same SITLA letter:

Areas for Auction:

Carbon County: Bishop Ridge and Cedar Ridge
    Grand County: Chapman Lane
    Kane County: East Zion Gateway
    San Juan County: Pole Canyon
    Summit County: Stag Canyon

WTF? Even the SITLA mailer describes the Pole Canyon area as "popular with the four-wheeling community"... so some greenie group can get em' WTF?

Stay tuned.. my website will have descriptions, maps, etc ASAP...
    Kurt Williams
    Cruiser Outfitters
    Your original outfitter for OME - ARB - AA - Safari - Helton - Engel - Since 1992
    Join us on Facebook
    ExpeditionUtah - A lifelong project of exploring Utah
    kurt@cruiseroutfitters.com

"You are truly the Justin Bieber of expedition" - JL Rockies

Quote Originally Posted by RockMonkey
    How can we get a map that shows the areas for sale?
    http://www.trustlands.com

I will also have maps and descriptions at...
    http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/landuse.html
    Kurt Williams
    Cruiser Outfitters
    Your original outfitter for OME - ARB - AA - Safari - Helton - Engel - Since 1992
    Join us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by drtsqrl
    We (RR4W) have a meeting on Friday with SITLA on an unrelated matter, and I will try to get more info then. In the meantime, just consider this a heads-up. The notice is also on the SITLA website.

Jeff
    Hey Jeff, please email me you phone number again if you would.. thanks!

Kurt Williams
    Cruiser Outfitters
    Join us on Facebook

.......a few dollars more mbryson's Avatar
    Boy, I wish I had a nice lump sum of money and any family monetary issues were totally taken care of................Kurt, is there a place to contribute to actually BUY parcels like this? U4WDA? USA-ALL? I'm in for $50 or so......maybe a little per month???

Quote Originally Posted by mbryson
    ...Kurt, is there a place to contribute to actually BUY parcels like this? U4WDA? USA-ALL? I'm in for $50 or so......maybe a little per month???
    Not 100% sure... let me do some chatting and get some more info...
    Kurt Williams
    Cruiser Outfitters
    Join us on Facebook

Boy, I wish I had a nice lump sum of money and any family monetary issues were totally taken care of................Kurt, is there a place to contribute to actually BUY parcels like this? U4WDA? USA-ALL? I'm in for $50 or so......maybe a little per month???
    An interesting idea. Perhaps we should set something like that up. (gears turning)

Quote Originally Posted by SRN
    .... (gears turning)
    Yup...
    Kurt Williams
    Cruiser Outfitters
    Join us on Facebook

We've talked about this after the last sale.........the land could be purchased by an Org. and then offered as shares to those with 4wd interests. IIRC, the last sale price sold for less than $500 an acre......most folks could come up with that on a credit card advance or sig loan. I'm VERY interested in buying some land in the Moab area.
    Jeff

$500 acre x 320 acres = $160,000. Not too bad for 320 acres of land... I think it could be done, given the right resources.
    Join - Participate - Donate

USA-All

U4WDA

How can we find out if the land is really only going to sell for $500 an acre? That seems quite low.

Quote Originally Posted by addifan
    How can we find out if the land is really only going to sell for $500 an acre? That seems quite low.

they dont kinow for sure, they are just going by what the previous parcel of land right by this stuff sold for...

land tends to be fairly cheap when it in remote places with no services
    -Caleb Call

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast