Rock Crawling Competition

Erik d_lux

Come out and join 801RCC for our rock crawling competition.

No need to bring your wallet, everything is free!

Anybody is welcome to come and compete no matter the age or what type of car you want to drive. In our new "Run what ya brung" class YOU CAN COMPETE WITH ANY CAR YOU WANT TO BRING AND DRIVE. Revo, Wraith, Honcho, Mini crawler, Super crawlers, Ridgecrest, Slash (the list goes on)

All are welcome. We classes for each type of car and classes for each level of skill (Beginner, Novice, Pro) so you can feel comfortable and fit right in.

Please check this link for more information.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/competitions/476137-801rcc-2014-season-comp-1-frigid-funk.html

100_2217.jpg

IMG_20131222_235500_470_zps42193301.jpg

Erik d_lux

Just west of Salt Air

GPS
40.725031, -112.227727

Black Rock

NAME: Black Rock
TERRAIN: small to large jagged bolders, sand
TRACTION: very low to extremely high

Black Rock is just west of the marina @ the great salt lake. Take the saltair exit head west on the frontage road north of the freeway. Follow it about a mile take the dirt road on the left and you cant miss.

BLACKROCKMAP.png

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
What is this cute little guy with the Trepadors? I google image searched it, but couldn't find anything. Neat lookin', anyway!

attachment.php

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Its a 1 off custom made by somebody you may even know, Kyle Listul.

I certainly do know Kyle! Tell him "Nice work" from me. :)

Looking through that build thread, looks like you make some pretty neat parts too....so Nice Work! :greg:

Erik d_lux

Good hell those are cool.

I certainly do know Kyle! Tell him "Nice work" from me. :)

Looking through that build thread, looks like you make some pretty neat parts too....so Nice Work! :greg:

Thanks guys!

They are a TON of fun and addictive! My buggy has sat coming up on 3yrs now because of these things and I am not sure I mind that at all.

If I can swing it I may come out and watch what's going on.
Thanks for the heads up.

For sure mang. Hope to see you out there.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Thanks guys!

They are a TON of fun and addictive! My buggy has sat coming up on 3yrs now because of these things and I am not sure I mind that at all.

For sure mang. Hope to see you out there.

I was wondering what happened to you there for a while. Now I get it. :D I'd love to get into this someday.

StormRider

My son and I are thinking about coming out, and are completely new to this. He has a 2wd Traxxas Slash, and I have an older Losi mini-lst. Is there anything we should have before we come out?

Erik d_lux

All you really need is to show up with a good attitude. A lunch and warm drink does not hurt either.

The "run what ya brung" class will be setup with relatively easy courses but they are still aimed at 4wd rigs. Dont get me wrong, we WANT you to come out, even if its with a 2wd, just be ready to struggle on some of the obstacles.

We are also trying to get a "loner" Ridgecrest or Twin Hammers car out there for guys just like you. You could use this loner car to get a feel of what the comp scene is like before you go buy a car. I am not 100% we will have these ready to go for this comp but we will try. I will try and remember to post up if we get it together.

Either way, bring those cars out and see what they can do!

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
My son and I should be out there, we will bring two RCs a 4WD and a 2WD, he was asking me if there will be a dirt course, I said I haven't got a clue, but I'm sure there will be some dirt out there to play on.

Erik d_lux

Sounds great Brian!

There wont be a "course" but there is plenty of area to rip around on especially when the lake is low, there is some good packed sand.

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
My son and I had a great time out there!
Seemed to be a decent turn out, lots of nice people.

DSCN0271.jpg

DSCN0267.jpg

I thing the courses were a bit above our abilities at the moment, 1/3 through the first course my son broke a driveline...

DSCN0272.jpg

Luckily I had a couple spares and we were back on the trail ASAP, my son also liked the 50 gates around Black Rock, there were enough for him to have fun trying, our RC is a bit too top heavy.

Thanks again!

Erik d_lux

Congrats to Wheels for not only on his first win but also for winning half the drivers pool!

$35 goes to Wheels.

Going off of Wheels final score, DeanO wins the 1/4 of the drivers pool.

$20 to DeanO.

Oh, wait! DeanO didnt put into the pool so.... 801RCC thanks DeanO for his contribution.

Erik d_lux

Pretty sure I mentioned give a ways for the people who entered the drivers pool? Here are the people who get to pick from the box of goodies....

Catfish
Mac10
Lil Digger
Dlux

If youre picked for the give a ways you must be at the drivers meeting at the next comp to pick your prize. If youre not, you forfeit your prize!

Huge thanks to the people who are supporting the give a ways!

West Valley Hobbies
Salt Lake Vapors
Chaotic Crawlers
Dlux