What do I get for the next bike?

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I was thinking a newer 450. I can plate it if I want and get a rekluse.

I want something that can do it all.
These crazy desert races.
Woods.
MX track.
Sand.
Or do I get a enduro? Like a 450x or WR?
I'm not into wrestling a big pig of a bike though.
Grant's 525 was no fun in the sand when I rode it.
Or do I go with a smoker with a wide range?

I'd like to stay under $3k but I might could swing $4k if it was plated and had a rekluse already.

Last edited:

Tonkaman

The only perfect bike is the one coming together in my garage... If you want to do all those things with one bike a 450 is the only choice IMO

STAG

On my grind
I say YZ. But I'm biased to Yammy.

*Edit, also, if you'd be interested. My cousin has a really clean 2008 YZ450F, white plastics, FMF full exhaust. Black wheels and dirt and sand tires that he has been wanting to upgrade to a newer year. Lmk if you'd be interested.

Last edited:

Moabxjeeper

Love my 07 RMZ450. If you're ever out at Jordan River once it warms up I'll gladly let you take it for a spin. I started out on a KX250F and I'm amazed at how similar the Zuk feels to that bike. It's obviously heavier but it carries its weight really well. Handling can't be beat either.

Just throwing this out there, my dad got a killer deal on an 09 YZ450F and with a heavy heart will be selling his 05. It's a way solid bike. PM me if interested.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
once you have a rekluse, you will wish you had fuel injection, If Im spending $4000, Im spending 8000 and wearing it out. bikes and snowmobiles change so fast, after about three years they are obsolete relative to the new ones. the new ones are so easy to ride especially once you get them set up.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I feel you James, but that budget is not in the cards right now.
Plus I'd be stoked with anything less than 10 years old; I don't own anything new besides my weedwacker, mower and snowblower haha.

Last edited:

GAR

Grant's 525 was no fun in the sand when I rode it.

This is true, it tends to sink a lot. Although I did realize I had the tires at 20 psi all weekend, that probably didn't help.

I'm think about a KTM 300 because I've heard so many good things about them. The limited fuel range could be an issue though, probably not the bike for long trips

Cascadia

Undecided
Greg has a desert tank on his. He can go about 70 miles. Not the 110 that my 4t can go but still decent. I bet a race like last weekend burns your gas up pretty fast though.

Did you have to refuel Paul?