refreshing "what's new" page yields... the same results

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Dear Top40,

So this has been going on a while, and it's less of a problem than it is just kind of annoying. If I am on the What's New page, and I refresh it after so long (because I open stuff in new tabs...), it gives me the same results, but with the results timer at whenever I did the original search-- like "results generated XX minutes ago" or whatever it says.

Why doesn't it refresh the results? Is there some operational reason?

Just Wondering In Tooele,
Tacoma

Caleb

Yes, it's cached...it's so people can't bring down the server by having a bunch of people continually refresh that page. Search is the same thing. If you search for something and either you or someone else runs the exact same search in a given time, it will use the results from the cached search. It's by design and I don't think there is any way to not have that (nor would it be a good idea to get rid of it).

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
It's just refreshing the results you got when the page loaded. To get new results, you have to click "What's New" to fire new search results and get a new "searchid" for latest activity. That's also why bookmarking the page with a "searchid" result in the url doesn't work.

Bookmark this one instead: http://www.rme4x4.com/search.php?do=getnew

Edit: what Caleb said.