Archived Camping info?

Rottenbelly

I stink.
I found out I will be off work and was going to try to go to Moab on Tuesday the 15th thru Thursday the 17th.
Its gonna be my first time in moab and was looking for somewhere to throw the tent down at night.
Any suggestions?
Can you primative camp out somewhere remote or do the frown upon it?
Thanks.

sixstringsteve

congrats, I love camping in Moab. There are pay sites, and a few open sites that don't require payment. There are some nice pay sites up on Sand Flats road, where you'll find the Hell's Revenge and Fins n Things trails (highly recommended for 1st time Moab visitors).

Kane Creek has a nice spot near the river. There are other sites (quite popular) on the east side of town, along the colorado river. I enjoy primitive camping out near dubinky well rd. You can also camp in the national parks at canyonlands and arches, though those fill up quickly and some require permits in advance.

Rottenbelly

I stink.
Thanks for the info. I was hoping since its midweek it wont be too crowded. The trail where running is 25 miles south of town in libson valley but I wasnt sure I could find something down that way.
I guess I will try to get there early Tuesday and find a spot.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
You'll be about as crowded as Moab can be. That'll be the latter part of Easter Jeep Safari week.

I have reservations at Pack Creek for the nights you are mentioning that I'll be canceling. If you want to use that tent site, please let me know. I'll be leaving late on Wed. and have reservations from Wed-Sat. that I'll be cancelling