Just bought a Wraith...

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
Good news: I just bought a Wraith! :D

Bad news: I already broke my Wraith. :-\

Good news: time to upgrade my Wraith! :)

Bad news: I have no idea what I'm doing. :confused:

so, those of you who have gone through this progression before, what upgrades did you do, and would you do them again? this particular brake was to the steering servo; it sounds like a stripped a gear or something. but i know this will not be the last break. the links are already upgraded to titanium arms, so hopefully i wont have to worry about those. its not gonna be a racer, or comp rig, mostly just a fun little crawler to throw in my 1:1 on trail runs.

Caleb

Yeah, I have an AX10 but I upgraded my steering servo to a Savox SC-1256TG. One of the better upgrades I've done. The AX10 starts off with a ton of plastic parts where the wraith already comes upgraded on most of those parts so most of my other upgrades won't apply for you. :)

Rottenbelly

I stink.
I would replace it with a stronger metal gear servo. I run hitec 7950s in most of my rigs. I have yet to kill one of them.
I usally upgrade the links and then just run it till something gives.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
:cool: Kami bought me a wraith for father's day, so I've been having fum with it lately. I stripped out the pitman arm (aka servo horn ;) ) and all the spares in the first week, so I upgraded to axials aluminum one, which has held up much better.

My only other "upgrade" has been installing a 55 turn motor. It is now a much better crawler, which I have had more fun doing with it than bashing.. We should hit up little moab soon :)

The plan is to eventually make it match Jezebel, with a red body, walker evans and treps!

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
im gonna stop my a local hobby shop and see what i can fix after work tomorrow. and mine will be getting a proline comanche body ;) would love to catch up with you guys

Nappy

Nappystunts.com
Links, and a servo. And upgrade the steering to aluminum... The wraith can take a beating after that. Maybe some mip driveshafts and Robison racing tranny gears. If those break. But don't go wasting money until something breaks after that. There are too many options and you'll go broke... ;)

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
UPDATE

wraithmanche_zps8e5ce11a.jpg

amp713

Very nice! I traded some jeep lift parts for a custom built one this weekend! Its an SCX10 with mostly wraith parts built into it. Ive already ruined one servo and one arm. Bought a metal arm but the spare servo was plastic and it started to strip out so i went back to a plastic arm for now.... IM gonna get a metal servo soon, I also lost power to one wheel but half ass fixed it for now and then the motor set screw tried to strip off the shaft so i lost power for a little while but i fixed that too.... All since monday when i got the battery charger ha

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
Very nice! I traded some jeep lift parts for a custom built one this weekend! Its an SCX10 with mostly wraith parts built into it. Ive already ruined one servo and one arm. Bought a metal arm but the spare servo was plastic and it started to strip out so i went back to a plastic arm for now.... IM gonna get a metal servo soon, I also lost power to one wheel but half ass fixed it for now and then the motor set screw tried to strip off the shaft so i lost power for a little while but i fixed that too.... All since monday when i got the battery charger ha

Buy a quality metal gear servo. What caused the tire to loose Power? Broken shaft, loose lock out?

amp713

ya im gonna try to hunt a metal servo with a better raito down. Or whaterver they are rated with, i dont even know but this one doesnt like turning these big wheels ha

and as you can tell idk what parts are called but it had like a locking hub piece on the shaft? A small black piece that the shaft rode in and it had a spot where the locking pin rode to transfer power. It was kinda chewed up but the pin from the other side was a bit longer so i swapped them over and have power now! Probably wont last long but still hahah