JK Lift Options

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
So,,, it's been a while since I have started a thread so please flame on :)

The wife is now sporting a new Polar Addition JK and it rides a bit, no, very low.... I really don't see this jeep seeing a whole lot of offroad use, just more of the occasional trip on the dirt. The lift would be more of the "get yer a$$ off of the ground" lift. Should I assume that most are going to recommend Teraflex as my best lift option or are there other options I should also look at?

Thanks,

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Tearflex is the best option... Are you looking for more of a budget boost or do you want like 4" lift?

Pike2350

If you are just looking for a decent lift to get it a little higher, then I'd recommend Zone 3". It will come with new coils instead of just spacers, and it's nice and inexpensive.

Teraflex is good as well....just a bit more pricey....the finish will be a little bit better since that's a lot of where Zone get's its economy...they don't spend a ton of time grinding off all the weld splatter, and such...however, they still offer a good warranty and are the sister company of BDS Suspensions which makes nice stuff.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
I really like the small Teraflex lift that is on my JKU. The previous owner put on some nasty ProComp shocks though that will have to go soon. In the past I've looked at AEV's offerings, they are a bit more money, but seem to have good reviews.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Tearflex is the best option... Are you looking for more of a budget boost or do you want like 4" lift?
Thanks for the replies. I'm really not a big fan of budget, I would rather spend my money on quality. I would be looking to clear 35-37" tires so my wife can feel kool driving it. The ride comfort is also very important. 3-4" lift would be great, I have read some posts that I may need to address the front drive line also. Any experience with this statement?

mesha

By endurance we conquer
You may have to worry about the drivline, but maybe not. I would put the lift on and see. An exhaust spacer might even make the clearance you need.

I also recommend teraflex lifts.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
I'm running the Tera 4" with 37's. Still on the weak stock drivelines, but I'm looking at replacing them soon as they're on their last leg.

You could easily run 35's on a 2" lift without issues. Stepping up to a 37 takes a lot more work/money.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Here is my JK with the 2.5" TeraFlex spring lift on 35s. With stock wheels I needed spacers to not rub. I added a TF trac bar soon after doing the lift but haven't done anything with the drive shafts or the exhaust loop that is supposed to interfere with the rear drive line.

eo9C740l.jpg

Last edited:

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
For those that are running the tera, did you go with the tera shocks or other brand? I run Bilstein on all my other 4x4's

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I bought the Rancho 9000s for mine during a summer promo. I don't know how relevant it is but there was a recent writeup done by Overland Journal which put the Ranchos on top. I don't know that I can tell a difference with the twisty knob on mine but they are fine.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I started with the tera shocks, but switched to the Fox remote resi shocks. Honestly, I don't think the Fox shocks are worth the extra coin. My tera shocks were great. The only thing I like more about the Fox shocks is they don't fade after extended dirt road bombs.

TeraFlex

TeraFlex
Vendor
Your more than welcome to stop by and go for a test drive in one of our JK's. Right now I'm running a 3" short arm kit with Duratrac 315's in my 2015. Joe

lWOKTw7.jpg

I had 35" BFG KO2's on for SEMA.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
The Tera shocks were great on mine. Went through some high speed stuff with another rubicon and hus shocks almost burnt my hand while mine were still cool. For the price i dont think you can go wrong

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
So,,, Back from the dead thread. I think we are ready to look at lifting again. I think we might swing by tera this weekend, who is the best source of info there?

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
The 2.5" Teraflex coil lift lift with Teraflex shocks on my 2012 JKU Rubicon was enough to get me all the way through the Hole in the rock trail on stock 32" tires.

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
So,,, Back from the dead thread. I think we are ready to look at lifting again. I think we might swing by tera this weekend, who is the best source of info there?

Talk to Joe Thompson, he's on here every now & again and posted the photo above with the TeraFlex account. I don't know if he will be there tomorrow, but he'll set you up for your needs.

I've built mine up to be capable, yet very driveable... 35's with a 3" TeraFlex suspension and their shocks. We drove it out to the Rubicon and back from Colorado this Summer and it does everything I want.

P1010560-L.jpg

IMO the best all around option (if you're not scared of spending the $$$ and doing the work) would be a 3-4" lift with the TeraFlex Alpine Long Arms. It'll ride great on road and off and has rubber bushings in both ends, so it's maintenance-free for life. TeraFlex also has a upgrade for the front CV driveshaft that increases the operating angle, I just installed one last weekend and it's a super-simple, easy to do and you can keep the stock front driveshaft.