Ice fishin'

O'neal

?????????
I've been going to sulfer here locally for the last week and a half.I'm hoping to get out to strawberry,starvation,pineveiw and echo at least once for each this year and hit the gorge a few time's before it's all over.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I went up to Huntington reservoir yesterday, probably 8+" of ice. Didn't catch anything, but I had my pile of girls with me so I didn't fish very long either.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Picked up some new rods yesterday at the Sportsmans Warehouse made by Christenson's Lake Shore tackle for about $12 each.. Didn't think much of it until I saw they're made in Coalville Utah. http://www.lakeshoretackle.com They seem high quality. I guess I was surprised they weren't stamped hench en China.

Last edited:

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
Just got back from Currant Creek, it was -28 at 7AM and it was a very chilly day. We caught fish in the morning but the afternoon was slow. I have some very frozen fish to clean once they thaw out.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
-28 is probably colder than I'm prepared for :rofl: I've thought about picking up a shelter but with as much as I've gone in the past a bucket is probably enough equipment for me.

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
I went to Scofield reservoir a few days ago, there was about 8" of ice. Caught a dozen fish or so, about 8"-13". A few chubs, and some cutthroat, and one small rainbow.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Spent yesterday on Deep Creek (So. Idaho) and had a blast. Good ice ~5" and steady fishing throughout the day with rainbows in the 2lb range. Headed back out tomorrow :cool:

Last edited:

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Picked up some new rods yesterday at the Sportsmans Warehouse made by Christenson's Lake Shore tackle for about $12 each.. Didn't think much of it until I saw they're made in Coalville Utah. http://www.lakeshoretackle.com They seem high quality. I guess I was surprised they weren't stamped hench en China.

Picked up couple of the Christenson's Lake Shore tackle rods tonight, I'm replacing a couple I have that just have the press fit reel holders that don't seem to hold the reel well. They look really good.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Picked up couple of the Christenson's Lake Shore tackle rods tonight, I'm replacing a couple I have that just have the press fit reel holders that don't seem to hold the reel well. They look really good.

Nice :cool: So far so good with mine I made sure to buy the pink ones so they wouldn't get stolen as easy haha.

muleskinner

I hit Otter Creek for a couple hours this afternoon to try out the new 71cc 10'' auger. Pretty slow fishing, but what a beautiful day!

IMG_1922.JPG.jpeg

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Went back to Deep Creek (Idaho) Thursday and did pretty good. Of the six rainbows all averaged 20 inches. My friend had never been ice fishing before and he ended up having a blast. It's funny seeing the new guys reactions to popping and cracking ice ha :D

Fished Condie (Idaho) today but only caught a few dinks. Really slow but we were the only ones out there and no tracks on the snow. It was great either way.

I've about got my moneys worth out of this $98 out of state 2015 Idaho license lol :cool:

Last edited:

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I've about got my moneys worth out of this $98 out of state 2015 Idaho license lol :cool:

My dad used to to me up to Treasureton reservoir for ice fishing when I was a kid, I don't remember the fish being very big but we would at least catch some. I think the out of state fishing license was $35 back then. :greg:

O'neal

?????????
Anybody been to pineview recently? I'm looking at going in the morn to try my hand at some perch and some gill's.So far all I can gather on where to go is cemetery point and browning point....Isn't browning across from cemetery looking north?