2015 Bag Night Challenge

sixstringsteve

2015 edition.

Challenge: log all of your nights you slept in your sleeping bag outdoors this year (whether under the stars or in a tent). Hotel rooms don't count, even if you have a sleeping bag. No prize or anything just the satisfaction of keeping track of the nights you camped.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

very cool. I never imagined the salt flats to be a particularly warm place to camp, but the silver island mountains are on my list one day.

sixstringsteve

I think if a shelter has a door with either a knob or a lock on it, it only counts as half a night. :p

You can define camping however you want to. The important thing is that we all get out more and keep track of it.

Let's see some pics of your truck bed camper!

ID Bronco

Total: 1 Night

First Night 1-16-17-2015 Scout Campout

It was only like 15 degrees so not bad. Sweated all night long in my bag. I never really mentioned it but I love my Mt. Hardware crazy legs bag.
I'm on the board!

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

Total: 2 nights

1 night - Jan 2 @ Moab
0 night - Jan 9 @ a yurt in Liberty, ID (I don't count yurts as bag nights, despite backpacking/snowshoeing 3 miles in)
1 night - Jan 16 @ Moab

Kevin B.

Big hippy
I think if a shelter has a door with either a knob or a lock on it, it only counts as half a night. :p

Done. Two nights in a miserable hotel in Torrey count as one bag night (but only because we were out on dirt all day), so I'm counting myself at two total bag nights and tied with Steve again, woohoo!

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Hey look man, I wanted to camp, the wife wouldn't let me. It's the intent that counts, right? :guilty:

It's not cheating. It's, uh, "Creative bag night allocation".

Yeah, that's what it is.

Good thing she did or you would be whining about the temperature :rolleyes: