2007 Suburban

Bart

I just acquired a 2007 Suburban that will be my tow rig and hopefully mild expo rig. I don't plan on doing anything hard core with this, but I do want to add a leveling kit and larger tires. I see different types and shapes of leveling kits and am wondering which one is the best and will cause the least amount of problems with castor and ride. I do plan on camping in this and will be setting it up down the road. Any suggestions are welcome.

ID Bronco

I have the same vehicle (funny because I also have nearly the same Duramax you are selling) and want to do something similar in a few years. Now my wife won't allow much modifying. I will be watching this closely. Post up your thoughts afterwards, I like learning from others.

I think they could be an awesome backcountry rig.

Bart

Hmmmm, not a lot of knowledge here on the newer GM platforms. I'll go back to google to see what I can find.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
2007 is the first year of the next generation of Suburban... and it is also the first year the Suburban 2500 model was discontinued. They've all been half tons since 2007.

I didn't know they discontinued the 2500 'Burb... that's a shame.:( (Not that I'll buy one, but, you know.)

Bart

2007 is the first year of the next generation of Suburban... and it is also the first year the Suburban 2500 model was discontinued. They've all been half tons since 2007.

I actually looked around for a while for a 2500, no wonder I couldn't find one. I did find one with a 6.0 but it was on the east coast.

absolute

2013 was the last year of the 2500 Suburban, 2007 was the first year without the 8.1 and was offered with a 6.0 and the 4L80 in '08 it was offered with the 6L80.

absolute

As far as lifts the 4" Rancho kit is suppose to be reversible, it doesn't require the cutting of the front diff housing and sets the burb at a nice ride height. If you do a leveling kit, i'd advise bags in the rear. Cognitio has a really nice leveling kit I've used on my 2500HD pickup and it rode nice.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
At least now you fit right in, in Utah county... :rofl:

Nothing wrong with that powertrain. Mines getting to be a little cold blooded, I think I'll toss in it's first set of replacement spark plugs (has 130K miles) and see if that helps.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
2013 was the last year of the 2500 Suburban, 2007 was the first year without the 8.1 and was offered with a 6.0 and the 4L80 in '08 it was offered with the 6L80.

Yes, I know the 8.1 was no longer offered after 2006 (unless you are a Mexican police precinct). However, I had heard in the past that the entire 2500 went away with it. I see Wiki agrees with you, and they source that claim from GM... which means it must be correct, though it leaves me wondering: why have I never seen a 2007+ 8-lug Suburban? :confused:

absolute

I have an 07 and had 3 2012's at work. I was going to buy a brand new 13 till I got a screaming deal on the 07. Personally I love the HD Burb. Great family truckster.

Bart

At least now you fit right in, in Utah county... :rofl:

No kidding, I feel almost invisible.

I don't want to lift it too much because I love the ride and handling. I picked up a leveling kt yesterday from JackIt that Todd recommended. I'll get that on and some 33ish tires and get it aligned. and probably call it good. It has auto leveling so I'll wait to see what that does to the rear before I start looking at bags in the back.

Even though this is a half ton, the 5.3 has more horse power than the 454 I had in my 93 Burb, albeit less torque, and the 4l60e is notably stronger than the 700r4 that was in the 93. I'm not worried about pulling the Jeep and think this will open up some other options for me.

Attachments

• Burb1.JPG
    Burb1.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Hmmmm, not a lot of knowledge here on the newer GM platforms. I'll go back to google to see what I can find.

There appears to be a veritable crap-ton of 'Burb threads in the Domestic section on Expeditionportal.com, for what that's worth.

I'm liking the proliferation of full size trucks for overlandish activities around here.