ttora4runner's 2010 Toyota 4runner

Figured I'd go ahead and start the build thread for my new to me 4runner.
Picked up a 2010 Toyota 4runner Trail Edition, non-KDSS after being back and forth between a Lexus GX470 and a 4th Gen 4runner for the past couple of months. I'm not really sure what my plans are for this one but I'll probable keep it simple since I'm back to have a car payment.

When I first got her.

Made one comestic change to the 2014+ 4runner tail lights and added weather tech floor mats. I have one other interior comestic change coming that should freshen up the inside a little, just waiting on the part to come in.

Took her out yesterday for her first official dirt road/snow run to Temple Canyon Park. Not a technical road in any way but if gave me a feel for her - the street tires need to be changed out.

ttora4runner

A few small updates:
Lift - Sonoran Steel
UCA - SPC/Light Racing

Run from two weekends ago.

Valles Caldera National Preserve, New Mexico

Easy run today (3/21/15) along Phantom Canyon Road and Shelf Road part of the Gold Belt Tour.

Phantom Canyon Tunnel #2

Shelf Road, with a view of the Sangre De Cristo Mountains in the background (the best I could get).

On the Shelf Road I could tell the different in size between my old 3rd gen and the 5th gen especially when passing other vehicles through the narrow sections.

ttora4runner

After looking around at skid plates from Budbuilt, Shrockworks and RCI I went ahead and order a new set of aluminum skid plates from RCI to try and keep weight down but still offer protection. Got the filler piece, engine and transmission skid for the time being.

Out with the old (that's not oil on skid but PB Blaster)

In with the new

Undercarriage photo and yes I know I'm missing a bolt. Whoever worked on the truck previous broke the bolt head off and know I got to find a good way to remove it.

ttora4runner

Ordered a set of Outpost Off Road Sliders from MetalTech back at the end of March

Finally got around to installing them this afternoon, took me a little over two hours to install them by myself. Wasn't too bad with the help of two jack stands and not having to deal with a KDSS equipped 4runner.

ttora4runner

Tried to get from Colorado Springs to Woodland Park via Rampart Range road yesterday morning but got stopped by this snow drift. So close you could where people stopped on the other side.

Oh, well at least the 4runner got out to play some.

ttora4runner

Some small updates since I last posted.

Great Sand Dune National Park and Blanca Peak from Mt. Herard.

You can just make out the road from Medano Pass that leads into the park.

One of the 4runner from camp, yesterday morning.

Between Eleven Mile Reservoir and Spinney Mountain Reservoir.

A small and stupid simple change.

TRD shift knob

TRD shift knob vs stock shift knob, what a bulky item.

Last edited: