• Side-Jobs Forum Rules:
    • No requests related to 4x4, offroad, or any services already provided by vendors who support RME and make this site possible. If you are seeking these types of services, please post in a General 4x4 or another approriate forum.
    • No requests related to morally questionable or illegal activities
    • Any requests here may be removed at any time at the discretion of the moderators

Silencers, SBR's , SBS's, AOW's etc..

NYCEGUY01

Thinking about getting in the NFA game ?
I can help you through it.

I am a dealer with most Suppressor Manufacturers and can also get Short Barreled rifles, Short Barreled Shotguns, AOW’s etc…

All Class 3 items and Transfers available.

Form 3′s and 4′s are coming back a ton quicker these days.

I offer good discounts on pre-paid orders.

Specialize in Silencerco, HTA, AAC, Lane, Thompson, AWC, and several others.

I am also a Silencer Shop direct dealer. You can order directly through them if you want and I will handle the actual local transfer here in Willard.

Silencers for every budget.
Starting at under $200.

$79 Trusts. Follow the link and have your ATF Legal trust in days.
http://www.199trust.com#oid=1182_1

I can walk you through the process, A trust is easy and has some advantages but you can also easily do it as an Individual.

Text with questions and a call back # so I can call you back. 801-419-6864 JJ

Sun – 10-5.
Mon – 9-7.
Tue – Sat – By appontmennt ( most times available with a little notice )

YES, SILENCERS ARE LEGAL — AND THEY ARE EASY TO OBTAIN THROUGH PROPER CHANNELS.

IN UTAH IT IS ALSO LEGAL TO HUNT WITH A SILENCER.

No, you do not need a license to purchase a silencer, but you do have to pay a one-time $200 tax for each silencer you purchase. You also must:
BE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OF AGE TO PURCHASE A SILENCER FROM A DEALER
BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE TO POSSESS A SILENCER AS A BENEFICIARY OF A TRUST OR AS A MEMBER OF A CORPORATION
BE A RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES
BE LEGALLY ELIGIBLE TO PURCHASE A FIREARM
PASS A BATFE BACKGROUND CHECK WITH A TYPICAL PROCESS TIME OF 60-120 DAYS
RESIDE IN ONE OF THE 39 STATES THAT CURRENTLY ALLOW CIVILIAN OWNERSHIP OF SILENCERS
DETERMINE WHETHER OR NOT YOUR STATE ALLOWS SILENCER OWNERSHIP
Silencers are legal but are regulated by federal law and on a state-by-state basis. The National Firearms Act (NFA) branch of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) ultimately controls any transfers; this branch registers all silencers. Individuals, corporations, and trusts can legally purchase and possess silencers in 39 states. However, if you are an FFL dealer, manufacturer, peace officer, or member of a law enforcement agency or other government agency, there are additional states where you can own a silencer. Look at the map to see if you are eligible.
sc_education_map.jpg

NYCEGUY01

I am currently waiting on a dozen or so F3's for Demo cans.

Once they arrive I will start posting up dates when you can come and shoot ( AND HEAR ) some of these before you decide what to buy.

Also so the guys waiting on F4's can shoot their own cans while we wait.

I will start doing this once a month once everything shows up...

Im in Willard but have a couple ranges pretty close to use ( within 5-10 min of me anyway ).

If anyone has any questions on products or the process feel free to shoot me a PM or give me a call etc....

NYCEGUY01

Hey guys..

Anyone want a Used Silencerco Specwar ?

Im looking for one of the small TIG welders out there for small projects...

Shoot me a note if you've got a little TIG and want a great can...

NYCEGUY01

Demo Specwar has sold.

Currently waiting on over 20 F3's...Ugh...

Now also setup direct with YHM.

Silencerco.
YHM.
Dead Air.
Lane.
AAC.
Innovative.
Thompson Machine.
Huntertown Arms.
Sig Sauer.
Liberty.
Palmetto State Defense.
Gem-tech.

And if you just have to have something from somebody else I can probably get it.

NYCEGUY01

Ended up with a good Demo ( used ) 10/22 Integral barrel today.

Integrals are great because they slow standard bulk ammo to sub-sonic ( quiet ) speed....

tv_larsen

Are you still doing this?

What is your FFL listed as on silencershop.com?

Do you have anything in stock? I'm thinking about getting a 30 cal can I can use on .308 and sub caliber on .223.

Finally, do you do standard title 1 firearm transfers? How much $?

NYCEGUY01

Yes.

Just under my name. James Fetter.
I dont keep much in stock. Theres just way too many options out there. I can get just about anything made though.
I try not to do too many transfers but will for RME folks.. Mostly just do the NFA items. I usually just charge $20 per 4473 ( Up to 5 items in the same shipment.)

Let me know what youre wanting and I can get you a price and availability.

Dead air, Rugged, and Silencerco are the leaders currently.

Depending on the can I can prob get it a little cheaper than Silencershop lists it at so let me know before you buy it from there even under my name etc...

DAA

Just got my first suppressor a few weeks ago. Man... I wish I'd have done it a long, LONG time ago!

Got a stack of barrels I need to get threaded now.

- DAA

Caleb

Just got my first suppressor a few weeks ago. Man... I wish I'd have done it a long, LONG time ago!

Got a stack of barrels I need to get threaded now.

- DAA

Haha, welcome to the club! I think every person that finally gets a silencer says the same thing :p

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Is a suppressor fairly universal? Can I use the same one for my 9mm carbine, and 45 pistol? 243?

Last edited:

Caleb

yes and no. Technically you probably could but I wouldn't use the handgun ones for rifle or vice versa (unless they're advertised as being able to be used on both). I've never tried and don't know a technical reason not to (maybe barrel threading?) but can say they are advertised as handgun, centerfire, or rimfire (I guess shotgun is another category too). You can however, (as was discussed above) buy a 30 cal can and use it on all center fire cartridges 30 cal or smaller. Same thing with handgun, you could buy a 45 cal can and use it on all your centerfire handguns 45 and smaller. You do loose a little bit of suppression by doing that (i.e. a specific 223 can will suppress 223 better than that same can in a 30 cal version but it's not by a lot and you can usually get specific end caps which will help). The biggest exception to this is rim fire cans are good for rifle or handgun.

tv_larsen

Yes.

Just under my name. James Fetter.
I dont keep much in stock. Theres just way too many options out there. I can get just about anything made though.
I try not to do too many transfers but will for RME folks.. Mostly just do the NFA items. I usually just charge $20 per 4473 ( Up to 5 items in the same shipment.)

Let me know what youre wanting and I can get you a price and availability.

Dead air, Rugged, and Silencerco are the leaders currently.

Depending on the can I can prob get it a little cheaper than Silencershop lists it at so let me know before you buy it from there even under my name etc...

Thanks. The Rugged Surge, OSS Helix 762, and Dead Air Sandman S are actually the units I was looking at.

Last edited:

NYCEGUY01

From someone that has shot all of them..

The Rugged and Dead air are FAR superior to the OSS. Its not even close.

My favorite is the Dead Air L. Then the Surge. Then the Dead air S.
The Silencerco Specwar and Saker are also on the top of the heap as far as performance.

Unless youre planning on hiking 25 miles carrying a rifle and shaving every ounce from everything you own, buy the heavier much better sounding can.
If youre worried about length, build a SBR and buy a longer can.

I own several and have shot a ton of the ones I dont own myself.
At the range the bigger can wins every time.
Im not sold at all on the shorties and K models.

Last edited: