TURKEY hunt

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Anyone having any luck with the turkey hunt this year?

I am new to it, but it is a great time.

ID Bronco

Anyone having any luck with the turkey hunt this year?

I am new to it, but it is a great time.

Last Saturday my son 15 shot a really nice tom. 9" beard. It was our third day out. We had many close calls. I feel pretty fortunate. It can be really tough sometimes. I love spending 15 hours straight with no more than a whisper to each other. It's soothing.

Attachments

• DSCF3034.jpg
    DSCF3034.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 21
  • Brigham with Gobbler.jpg
    Brigham with Gobbler.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 15

amp713

Been on days on and havent had a chance to go out yet but tomorrow is finally friday!!!!

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Shot a turkey the other day...

Scared the crap out of the people in the frozen foods section. :rofl:

on a more serious note,
My brother got one yesterday, looked like a pretty good bird. I've seen more turkeys when I'm deer hunting than deer so maybe I ought to switch.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Going try this weekend. My son is 9 so who knows how quiet he will be. It will be his first hunt with a permit so he is pretty excited. I think as long as he gets to wear camo and carry a gun he will love it ;-)

mesha

By endurance we conquer
NO luck with the turkeys. We did hear one, but never saw it. We camped, shot some guns, got the truck REALLY stuck, and hiked around together. All in all it was a fun time. My son was disappointed not getting a turkey, but it just means we get to go out again.

Troop92

NO luck with the turkeys. We did hear one, but never saw it. We camped, shot some guns, got the truck REALLY stuck, and hiked around together. All in all it was a fun time. My son was disappointed not getting a turkey, but it just means we get to go out again.

You pretty much described hunting 90% of the time. To me, it's all about the experience. I don't remember the good shot or the animals bagged really, but have great memories of being out with my dad, sharing those things you mentioned above.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
You pretty much described hunting 90% of the time. To me, it's all about the experience. I don't remember the good shot or the animals bagged really, but have great memories of being out with my dad, sharing those things you mentioned above.

That is exactly how I look at it. I didn't even buy a tag for turkeys. I was mainly interested in getting out with my son.

ID Bronco

Cooked my son's turkey Saturday after a rainy fishing trip. It was absolutely delicious. Free- Range, Organic and awesome!

The time in the woods is why I do the activities. I am building boys. I hope they learn skills, and the ability to think through problems and challenges and put a plan in place that works when they execute it.

Out smarting a Tom develops serious reasoning skills, it hones patience, it gives you time to ponder, hold still, be quiet and rests your brain from technology, and constant stimulus.

For example, Saturday morning I took my Son and a good friend fishing. We floated one of my favorite stretches of river. It was pouring rain. They both wanted to sleep in. We went anyway and I spent about 5 hours with my son and friend. We caught a few fish, but we also had a very busy stretch of river to ourselves. It was peaceful, the rain let up and we say a bunch of wildlife and just had an enjoyable time. (good gear kept us dry and warm) It was memorable because of the rain. Adversity is our friend, not our enemy.

Attachments

• Eating the turkey.jpg
    Eating the turkey.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited: