Pictures are getting flipped

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Example.

20150525_084633.jpg

Is it doing this because of the pic dimensions? The resolution is 5312x2988 on this one. I was having the same problem yesterday uploading some pics to ads on KSL.

Any tips on getting this to not happen?

Thanks.

Caleb

It's actually because of the angle you took the picture at. The way it posted is "up" but usually your device is smart enough to display it correctly. When you load it to the forum, it doesn't know any better and does what it's told. I've found this to happen more when I take pictures with my phone and I'm taking a picture of something on the ground.

Caleb

As for a tip to get it to not happen. I find that when I open it on my computer, I have to save it in the orientation I want it to be, which sometimes means making a quick edit that really does nothing (if that makes sense).

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I forgot that I posted this and just saw it again. Photos were taken with a Samsung Note 4 that auto syncs to my google drive. I used my laptop (mac book pro) to post the pictures here.

As far as setting the photo size...when I was building my trailer I made them smaller but forgot that I had done that when I was out on a trip. I took some pretty neat pictures with my phone camera and when I went to blow them up they were pretty pixilated. I've since just increased the pic size and left it there so I don't have to remember to up it when I want a decent looking picture.

Thanks Caleb for the tip. I'll try "saving" them with the right orientation before posting in the future. I will say though that they do display correctly on my laptop before posting so my phone and my laptop are getting the info.