time to build the chummins

chevymog

The Reaper
So I have most of my parts to get started on my rebuild dubbed it the Reaper. I'm using a 93 12 valve 2wd as the base and putting my 70 Chevy body on it. Will be four linked front and rear, with axletech 4000's and some little 46 in Goodyear's for now.
I will get some build picks up soon

Last edited:

chevymog

The Reaper
All around play toy off-road only. Right now I'm running portals and 39s and a stock 350 on ppropane. I have a donor truck for the cummins swap but the frame needs a lot of reinforcement and I want bigger tires and the portals have been great but don't think the would hold up with the cummins and bigger tires. And of course I was following chestons scout rebuild and wanted axletechs so here it goes. Hoping to be does in time for Idaho tuff truck in September.

B2-Bomber

unusual engine swaps can be fun. What trans are you wanting to run? The adapters for trannies are a crap-ton of money. Like $1100.00 the last I checked. Or are you wanting to run a divorced t-case behind the 2wd trans? Do you even have the wheelbase on the '70 to pull that off?

chevymog

The Reaper
I'm using the 2wd tranny it was just rebuilt. And a divorced 205. Should have enough wheelbase I'm moving the front forward to clear the 46s. And maybe bigger one day. Leaving the cummins and tranny in their factory positions

redrussell

Sounds very similar to my uncles build. He is doing my 84 chevy 1-ton frame after we shorten in and axles, 89 12v w/5speed mated to a 205. The 12v has the whole banks turbo/intake/intercooler setup on it, scored all of it for $1, 000 with only 86, 000 miles on it! Then we are shoehorning his 84 grand wagoneer body onto it. He is pushing the front forward and doing 4 link in the front.

Im subscribing because I think you will be ahead of him on gettimg it done and might give us some idea or tips.

chevymog

The Reaper
I got a little work done today just tear down though. the dodge just needs the front suspension and rear axle removed (dana 70 4:10 gears) ;) got all of the suspension and steering off the chev, and front clip pulled cab just needs lifted on to the dodge frame so i can get some measurements
20150712_135115[1].jpg20150712_175812[1].jpg20150712_175851[1].jpg20150712_175840[1].jpg

chevymog

The Reaper
20150726_192914[1].jpg20150726_192906[1].jpg
got a little done today the body is off the chevy frame and onto the dodge. no where near being bolted down but i think its officially a chummins :D

chevymog

The Reaper
finally made some more progress. the chevy frame is no more, sold most of my parts, we got the rear axle and springs out and cut the front suspension off. cut 39" out of the frame just need to get it welded back together. got one of the techs under the front so i can do some measuring for the four link. the plan is for 130" wheel base, and to set the front up to clear 54s for in the future.20150923_201741_HDR[1].jpg