Expedition Trailer Feedback

dzeyer

Hey! I'm needing some advice on a trailer build...
I'm building from scratch a m416 trailer and am trying to decide on a tailgate or no tailgate. I'm building this to sell (and get better at building them) so I want to hear what people would rather have. It has a lid and am planning to weather seal it, but don't know if people would rather have the versatility of a tailgate or the strength and elements protection of no tailgate.

Thanks of the help. Here's a few pics where I'm at... Hoping to have it finished early next month.

IMG_1124.JPG

IMG_1122.JPG

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I'm in the same boat there :D

Tailgate would be good. I'm not sure I'm a trail trailer type but I think a tailgate would be useful

Last edited:

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
I had an M101A 3/4 ton trailer. It had a tailgate. Its great for food prep, and working on things. I really like having a tailgate. I had one on my Range Rover and still wish I had one on my Discovery.

dzeyer

Thanks guys. I've never used one either. I was thinking the tailgate more for multipurpose stuff (yard work etc), but it'll have a lot of little handy uses I guess. Tailgate it is!

dzeyer

@DrvinB- This one is kind of the experiment. I'll post this one up for around $2,300 (before paint/powdercoat). I wanted to see what parts list it would take to complete one and will be planning on building more that are CNC bent rather than seam welded (like this one). The production ones will be a little more $ (due to CNC costs), but not too much more. I've documented the whole build and will post up the build pics and specs soon. It's been one of the funnest things to build tho. It's made me put off the tracker project tho...

IMG_0514.JPG