Hate to see this...

DAA

Took the family camping in the Uintas for the weekend. Usually avoid busy holiday weekends, but with everyone's schedules going in so many different directions, when we were all able to go - we went!

Nice, short camping trip. Little ice in the dog water bowl yesterday morning just before I took this picture - it felt good!

20150905_Lyman%20Lakes_Camping-2W.jpg

Family were all still asleep, so I grabbed a mouth call and my camera and went for a walk. Got to a spot that looked likely and started tooting some jackrabbit blues. Not too long before a customer showed up.

20150905_Lyman%20Lakes_Camping-27W.jpg

Hate to see a coyote in this shape. Lower jaw was just hanging there, all busted up. And what looked like a wound back in the neck shoulder area. Somebody shot it in the teeth, it looks like. Left the coyote to a bad end...

20150905_Lyman%20Lakes_Camping-40W.jpg

I had my old Blackhawk .357 on me, figured to try and put it out of it's misery, but by the time I got it unlimbered and started trying to line up a shot, the poor coyote had seen enough commotion and had spooked off well out of my range with a revolver. Was about to try a shot anyway, and it trotted off for good.

Too bad... Good reminder to do your best to make a clean kill. There aren't even that many people that deserve to go like that, but no animal does.

- DAA

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
"Too bad... Good reminder to do your best to make a clean kill. There aren't even that many people that deserve to go like that, but no animal does."

That's a perfect reminder. Thanks for sharing it.