South-West Utah Trail Hero Event in St George

Lil' Rich

Bass fishing, manicures, golf... I'm not sure what this event is?

It's something for everyone. When I asked my wife what she liked in an event she said, "Everything but the event." To me, if we win our wives over, then we have it easy.

Not every aspect of this is event is meant for everyone to enjoy. Me personally. I like to wheel, as hard as humanly possible. That's all I want to do at an event. Tackle the hardest terrain. But not everyone is like that. So when I put this together, it wasn't just something for every wheeler, but something for people who also may have never wheeled before.

Take the Vets for example. We could never repay them for their for their sacrifice, but we can try.

If we can capture, enhance and raise awareness to a new crowd how great it is to get outdoors, then we have more backing for when eco-nazi's try to take our land. They won't be taking land from just wheelers, but they'll be taking it from Veterans who literally fought for this land, Physically Disabled who need 4 wheel drive for access, and many more people than just us "Rednecks".

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
It's something for everyone. When I asked my wife what she liked in an event she said, "Everything but the event." To me, if we win our wives over, then we have it easy.

Good to see you around here Rich.

I hear you - I got lucky with a wife that is more into wheeling than I am, but understand that I'm in the minority. Either way, sounds like you have a lot of bitchin wheelin activities planned, so I'm definitely in :cool:

Will you be at Hump-n-Bump? If not, I'm sure we'll run into you sometime on the trails... I'd love to chat with you more about it!

Lil' Rich

Good to see you around here Rich.

I hear you - I got lucky with a wife that is more into wheeling than I am, but understand that I'm in the minority. Either way, sounds like you have a lot of bitchin wheelin activities planned, so I'm definitely in :cool:

Will you be at Hump-n-Bump? If not, I'm sure we'll run into you sometime on the trails... I'd love to chat with you more about it!

I will be at Hump Bump on Saturday, then wheelin Sand Hollow on Sunday with Steve Nantz. Got a couple open spots if you wanna ride with us. I tried to PM you but your inbox is full

Bart

I love the diversity of this event and especially that it has a draw for different members of the family and different interests in the community. I really think the "outside-of-the-box" approach to this will catch on and command a larger draw. Well done Lil Rich.

Lil' Rich

I'm really looking forward to this event developing into some really fun.
We are working with the Desert Roads and Trails Society to hold the Trail Rides for us. Over the 4 days worth of wheeling there will be a total of 55 trails. The variety allows for stock type rigs and fully getting it rock buggies to have equal opportunity for challenges at the event. We will also try to open a new 9-10 rated trail prior to the event to give some new flavor to Sand Hollow. I am working on breaking open the following trails, not sure which one will be done and GPS'ed in time: The Boom Boom Room (Rated 10), Mind Games (Rated 10), and two more that don't have names yet.

I think the coolest part of this event is that we are going to offer trail rides that allow for over night camping. That was always the funnest time I had when growing up, camping in the sticks at different locations. As a kid, it was what made wheeling fun for me.

Trails for all types of vehicles and skill levels is what we're shooting for. Then when you are done with the trails, there is entertainment within our community. Lots to develop, but it's a great start...

Last edited:

Lil' Rich

During KOH, Dave Cole announced at the Driver's Meeting about the relationship between Trail Hero and Ultra4. We are proud to announce that Ultra4 will be hosting our feature Endurance Race on October 8th, at the Trail Hero event which will provide entertainment for the Trail Riders after they have finished their trails.

Just to touch on some of the progress of the event...
This event will be filmed by Spike TV's Xtreme4x4 with 2 full episodes, At Your Leasure, and MAV TV's Lucas Oil On The Edge. Crawl Magazine and Dirtsports Magazine and KrawlZone TV will also be in attendance.

We will be offering over 80 trails throughout the 4 days of trail rides with entertainment after each day, October 5-8. Many new trails as well as the good older trails.
We have two Themed Days. Wednesday October 5th is Special Needs Access were we have invited people with Mental and Physical Disabilities to ride on one of the trails with us. Thursday October 6th is Veterans and Active Military Access, if you previously and currently serve, you can ride whatever trail you want with us FREE of charge. We are also working with Wheelers for the Wounded to supply Purple Heart and Combat Vets trail rides.

Thursday will also feature the first Rock Sports Industry Gala in the Clubhouse of Sand Hollow Resort.
Captain Rob is hosting our Bounty Course that will be a similar run to his KOW event, there is a $2,000 purse for the fastest time, and this is a Fund Raiser for UPLA. October 7th W.E.ROCK is hosting our Night Rock Crawling Event on Friday October 7th, we have a field of 20 drivers competing for an $8,000 Purse. If you would like to Compete, please post here. We do have a couple spots set aside for Utah Based Teams.

Ultra4 is hosting our Endurance Race Saturday October 8th, Teams wishing to race should post here. We have a field of 20, but do have a couple spots open for Locals.
Our Closing Ceremonies on October 8th will feature a Vendor Show, Charitable Raffle for U4WDA where Donations are collected by U4WDA and NOT Trail Hero, Event Film with footage from the trails and features of the event, Live Music from a Nationally Recognized Artist, and Catered food for participants of the trail rides. This will be located Downtown Hurricane at the Recreation Center.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know.

Last edited:

Bart

Wow, this event is evolving and quickly becoming a "Must Attend" for avid 4 wheelers. Great job Rich for thinking outside the box and bringing new life to our beloved sport.

Lil' Rich

I know there a ton of people on here that have been to sand hollow, but here is a brief tour of the area...[video=youtube;wCPUX8IFJas]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCPUX8IFJas[/video]

"Trails?! Yeah, we got those. Entertainment?! Yeah, We got that. With 80 trails from mild to wild over 4 days of wheelin, and Rock Sports Industry entertainment following each day; we have exactly what you want. Make sure to hit our event October 5th-8th at Sand Hollow State Park in Hurricane, Utah."

Lil' Rich

event poster_internet.jpg
The new Trail Hero event poster. I have had a couple questions about this event and I just wanted to make sure everyone here has the same understanding.

Trail Hero will feature every aspect of Rock Sports and Trail Rides in one 4 day event.
We have 81 trails offered over 4 days with trails for bone stock 4x4 to full comp buggies. Wheeling for everyone.
There will be an Ultra4 Race, W.E.ROCK Rock Crawl (Night Crawl), KOW Bounty Course, and a new event called the Trail Breaker.
Registration for trails is open now. Numbers on trails are limited, so if you wish to be on a certain trail with your buddies, it may be best to register sooner than later.
This is a unified effort for rock sports to create a solid platform for land use awareness and charitable contributions. However, this is a For Profit event.
We will be donating a healthy chuck to both U4WDA and UPLA. Our goal is to donate a minimum of $10,000 to UPLA.
U4WDA will have a Charitable Raffle with ALL proceeds accepted and retained by U4WDA.
UPLA will have a Charitable event called the KOW Bounty Challenge with all proceeds accepted and retained by UPLA.
We are offering trail rides for people with Special Needs (Mentally and Physically Disabled), as well as Veterains and Active Service Members.
ALL Vets and Active Service Members can wheel Thursday of the event Free of Charge. After you register and pay online, show your Military ID or Proof at the onsite event registration and get your refund.

Trail Rider's registration come with a catered dinner (Saturday Night) and 10% off Trail Hero Event Merchandise for on site sales.
The Sand Mountain Park will remain open to the public, however, we have the right to remove anyone for any reason. (Basically we have leased the mountain and can close the mountain but chose not to do so)

There will be a rather large Vendor Show. Currently 80% filled with over 60 booth spaces.
There will be an event film from the previous Trail Hero days which will be shown at our Closing Ceremonies at the Movie Theater free for viewing. Our goal is to capture every vehicle registered with Trail Hero.
We are working on an app to provide GPS Maps of all the trails for every registered Trail Rider.