Trigger locks

Kevin B.

Big hippy
The ones I'm looking at are a lot less than I was thinking they'd be. What would you expect to pay for a quality trigger lock? I like the idea of combo locks instead of keyed locks just in case, are the keyed locks better in any way?

Probably not much help, but I'm not a fan of trigger locks in general. If you don't/can't have it in a safe, I prefer the cable type lock that goes through the action. In my mind, this blocks the ability of the action to even chamber a round.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
Probably not much help, but I'm not a fan of trigger locks in general. If you don't/can't have it in a safe, I prefer the cable type lock that goes through the action. In my mind, this blocks the ability of the action to even chamber a round.

I'll look into that. These are long arms, I could probably make it work on the lever actions but not the shottys.

Unfortunately, I can't have them in a safe or even a locked cabinet. They're in the closet or on the wall. And my oldest is old enough to get in trouble - he's educated, but I need to leave no doubt.

Last edited:

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I have a handful of different style locks, if you want to test them/have them you may.. text message coming..