Need an Aluminum Fairlead Milled

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
I have a really nice Superwinch aluminum fairlead that if I don’t sell I want to mill the entire face to take off the “Superwinch” lettering and then round the rough edges. I’m thinking my warn winch may protest if I don’t take off the lettering. :D Can anyone one do this (summit machine guys I’m looking at you). I can probably mill the face at work but have no good way to make a consistent soft edge like a router bit.

IMG_7578.JPG

Last edited:

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Can you just use a router? One of those bits with the little bearing under it so it follows the existing contour?

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
I have one I'd trade you... It's the standard/plain shape, but there is a logo/name engraved into it (very shallow engraving IIRC, so could be removed via sanding fairly easily.) I'll get a pic if you're interested.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Summit Machine guy here. :D If you can mill the face, do that. A router w/a good carbide bit will work awesome on the rest-- proceed w/caution of course. A flush-cutting bit and a small radius roundover bit should get rid of all the stuff you need gotten rid of. Or, you're welcome to swing by the shop and see what it would cost, I suppose. We're in production mode, but the Bridgeport is usually not being used and maybe we can whip it out. If not, we have a guy we'll send you to for small jobs just like this one.

But I have faith in you! you can dooo eeeeeett!! !

Jay5.9L

Thanks for the encouraging words Tacoma!

Bob dog I have it up on the for sale section for $45 and would use the $ to go buy a warn or plane fairlead.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Sorry it took me so long. Here is the one I have that I'd trade you. The engraving looks to be 1/16" deep or less.

Attachments

• fairlead.jpg
    fairlead.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 24

Jay5.9L

I dropped by 4wheel parts last night and bought a warn hause so I'll make someone a smoking deal on the super winch hause :)

Jay5.9L

I'll do $40 considering its brand new and retails for over $60. Hole spacing is the standard jeep/truck fairlead width but I can measure it tonight

- - - Updated - - -

It's actually nicer than the warn hawse I just bought