New Guy From Canada

Hello all, names Marc.

I'm originally from southren Alberta Canada and have been living in central California for the past 4 years.

I finally got the chance to switch industries and move to the Salt Lake City area.

My wheeling background consists mostly of mud and snow prior to moving to California. I recently got into a 88 Sami truggy on 37's which i've been wheeling around Johnson valley over the past year.

I'm excited to get back into the rockies and re-engage myself in the 4x4 community.

Regards,

Marc@KOH2016.jpg

RogueJeepr

Here!
Welcome Stockblock. That's a cool looking rig ya have there.

Check out the the training day event we are having in April. There will be plenty of people to meet and obstacles to try out. Hope to see you there.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Welcome to RME Marc, that Sami looks like a great rig for Utah's tougher trails! Have any specs for it?

Have you been to Moab yet? That Sami will be perfect for the trails down there.

88 Sami
107" wheel base
37" TSL
1.3L on propane
Stock sami 5 speed
6.5:1 transfer case
locked Toyota axles with 5.29 gears
Full hydro
16" Fox coilovers

Fun facts:
Top speed in 2 Hi = 40MPH
Top speed in 4 Low = 15MPH

I've never been to Moab but I am looking forward to seeing what it has to offer.

Johnson Valley is a weird place to wheel considering its a combination of desert and rocks. People tend to break a lot because they think that the throttle is their friend especially in the sand until they suddenly catch a rock.

At KOH this year I ran Chocolate Thunder up the water fall line without having to winching (took a lot of patients and great spotting), I not only impressed myself and buddies but a few high dollar rigs that broke along the way.

I will do my best to get out to the "training day" Apirl 30th. What are the expected seasonal temps for that time of year, considering I will be tenting it? I also have two basset hounds that I take everywhere with me.

Regards,