4x4 friendly inspection station in SLC

FastGas

I took my truck to a previously very lenient jiffy lube for safety/emissions and failed the safety due to the following: rear sway bar deleted, perceived body lift, ABS disabled, and tires protruding from fender arches by 1". I've never had issues in the past. My truck is not some rusty beater either.

FastGas

They also rather puzzlingly did not ding me for lack of mudflaps (which I have but need to weld on). Truck in question

Deweyxj

Invisible, on purpose!
I find it puzzeling that they think your ABS is disabled! Is it?? And since when is a body lift illegal? Sounds like a new hire fresh out of WYO Tech trying to prove his worth!

Pike2350

I find it puzzeling that they think your ABS is disabled! Is it?? And since when is a body lift illegal? Sounds like a new hire fresh out of WYO Tech trying to prove his worth!

Technically, the way the law is written, a 3" body lift IS illegal in the state of Utah. As the law reads, you can't have more then 3" between the body and the frame....and since most 3" pucks sit on top of the body mount, then it pushes the body past the 3" mark. I got hit with this on my old Rodeo years ago. I was told that the shop had recently been "tested" in an undercover test to see if they were allowing illegalities....which is why they all of a sudden cracked down.

FastGas

Thanks for the info, guys. I poked around with a measuring tape and I have about 2.5" between the frame and body at every point I checked.