Modifying the Rock Cross Race Course

Craig S

Commando
The Rock Cross race course is about a mile long including all the turns, rock, and jumps. We are considering modifying the track. Here are the options:

1. Extend the tracking into the oval track with jumps on and off the oval. This is approximately 1/8 mile of high speed with jumps on each end of the oval.
2. Adding a woop section.
3. Increasing the angle of launch on one jump in the back stretch coming out of the rocks.
4. Adding logs or rocks on one of the dirt sections to slow the track down.

Any comments or thoughts?

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I voiced my opinion on FB but I'll say it here as well. I love the idea of making the course longer and more technical. I'm fine with the idea of adding more jumps as long as they're not super rough on the stock and legends guys. I say that because I have heard a number of people say they'd race if it wasn't for the gap jump so adding more jumps would push them away even more.

On the flip side I would LOVE to watch the race car guys fly over bigger jumps so it seems we're in a bit of a pickle...

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
I have a picture of that split Dana 30 from winter 4x4 jamboree on the Cherokee that tried "jumping".

That guy had a bad day but handled it well.

Craig S

Commando
Old School Rock Crawl Thanks for the input guys. Some ideas that look possible and could improve the event are as follows:have surfaced. Extending the track for the Unlimited, UTV, and Promod classes to the oval may be possible. The same track as we currently use may work fine for the Stock and Legend rigs. Comments please.