Tooele Middle Canyon / Butterfield Canyon Open?

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
We are needing a place close by for a 1 nighter camping trip. We have been up Middle Canyon before and found it nice. Is that open yet? still have snow? Too cold at night still?

Thanks!

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
Unknown, I almost drove up on our side to see if the gate was open or not. I can check tomorrow, but not until later in the day...

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
They say it's opening later but in reality it's usually open ASAP. I think they hedge their bets against snowfall/snowmelt. Last day of the year this year was almost a day too late, VERY slippery on top.

As this is my preferred commute to Summit Machine I'll be keeping a close eye on this. :D I'll post up when it finally opens/

Rock Taco

They say it's opening later but in reality it's usually open ASAP. I think they hedge their bets against snowfall/snowmelt. Last day of the year this year was almost a day too late, VERY slippery on top.

As this is my preferred commute to Summit Machine I'll be keeping a close eye on this. :D I'll post up when it finally opens/

We may have crossed paths as I was commuting to Tooele last year.

Middle Canyon is open. The K rails are still up and the look out gate is also closed. I was told the K rails will be moved on the 30th.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk