XJ / ZJ UNIBODY QUESTION

PRICEJEEPER

JUST EMPTY EVERY POCKET
I just bought a 1995 ZJ to start to build, can anyone tell me if the unibody is the same as an XJ of the same year. I am finding a lot of builder parts for the XJ but not the ZJ. If they are the same I can get started. Let me know please. THANKS

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
They are not the same. Some suspension (front only) parts will interchange, and some power train parts (if your ZJ has the 4.0 engine) will interchange. For the most part, you need to find ZJ specific parts.

PRICEJEEPER

JUST EMPTY EVERY POCKET
How about the unibody itself near the center of the vehicle, I found a triangulated 4 link setup from essentially offroad for the XJ but I was wondering if it would fit if the unibody was similar. The salesman said that they only dealt with XJ's so he wasn't sure if it would work. Anyone know? I need something more substantial for the 4 link setup than what it has stock.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
How about the unibody itself near the center of the vehicle, I found a triangulated 4 link setup from essentially offroad for the XJ but I was wondering if it would fit if the unibody was similar. The salesman said that they only dealt with XJ's so he wasn't sure if it would work. Anyone know? ...

No. It won't work without significant modification.