Northern Utah Salt lake offroad expo

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I just learned that this expo is on the same weekend as the gun show and quilting show. This is a great way to get the family to come out, let the wife hit the quilting show.

RogueJeepr

Here!
My wife wanted to hit the outdoors show but I told her this is coming up and she's all for it. Probably go over to the gun show afterwards.

Then off to the Snakes that night if anybody wants to join.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
The offroad Expo is looking for volunteer help:

"We are looking for volunteers to help at the Salt Lake Offroad Expo. Volunteers will be asked to guide and direct people and venders, answer questions, and help with general crowd control during the expo. We will also need help checking in and running inspections on all the cool rigs coming in. Benefits to you are a cool free t-shirt, free entrance to the expo, good company, and the satisfaction of helping the offroad community."

Message me if you are interested, and I will get you in touch with the right people...

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
Im going to volunteer but will miss most of the actual expo due to kids soccer games and bday parties. Maybe I can move the party to the expo hummmmmm :)

RogueJeepr

Here!
We will be there Saturday morning-ish . Who else will be there???

Im still down for a snakes run that afternoon or evening. Who's with me.?
Haven't wheeled since training day and need to get out.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I was able to get in tonight for a sneak preview. Good golly, Molly! There is some serious money into some of these set ups! I personally wanted to see more moto stuff there.. But if it's jeep or SxS, it's there! Some thing I found really neat is that they are all LOCAL shops, and they are not low quality. I didn't recognize most of them, so it's quite the eye opener to what we really have right here in Utah. Should be really fun tomorrow.

Great turn out, I can't believe how many local fab shops there are within a stone throw away of SLC. All the vendors were supper friendly and more supper helpful lining me out on there products and specialties.

Lots of jeep, Sxs but only one local bike shop...

FYI: Gun show had a wide variety of reasonably priced ammo for sale.

RogueJeepr

Here!
Cool show. I liked the gold/black xj, the flares peaked my interest.
Gotta find out who makes those.
Speaking of names. Sorry Jeeper, I totally drew a blank this morning.
It came to me 10 min later.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I had a great time. I talked to each vendor multiple times while in my 'official' clothing.. When my family showed up I put on my regular cloths, and had a completely different experience with each vendor.
For final stats today, the offroad expo sold just 40 tickets less than the gun show. Nearly every vendor had comments about up sizing their booth next year, and said they had a constant, steady stream of people at their booths.

No worries modstock, I looked a little cleaner than usual ;)

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
It was a blast being there and talking to the people that came to the Forest Service Booth. Tons of opportunity to educate the public!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RogueJeepr

Here!
It would be cool to see a 4x4 carshow type thing us average guys could enter.
I love seeing 4x4's/rock crawlers at carshows, it's kinda rare.

Jay5.9L

Had a great time at the show and met some very cool people. Hope it become a annual event and grows and grows and grows.

Jay5.9L

I talked to them about the fenders. Looks like a very nice product but not cheap ($500 for a set if I remember correctly). Also she said that the rear install was a lot of work.

Jay5.9L

I didn't take too many but here is what I got. Wish I had a few of the big red 7.0L Hemi JK built by Dixie 4x4

IMG_7977.JPGIMG_7978.JPGIMG_7979.JPGIMG_7993.JPGIMG_7994.JPG

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
This year's expo is shaping up to be pretty awesome. I think we will be looking for some volunteers again. If you feel like lending a hand, send me a PM. I know Exp. Ut. is going to have a booth and is also looking for hands to man that for a couple days.