Recent pictures or video of the Waterfall on Gold Bar Rim?

thenag

I haven't been on Gold Bar Rim in about 4 years, everything in Moab has gotten more dugout.

I looked at the RR4W trail description it seems the the same as it has been, 33's one locker.

Is there a winch point at the top of the waterfall? I am pretty sure there was not last time I did the trail

btw I am not worried about my rig getting up it, we might have a K5 on 35's with us. I know I did it in my Bronco on 37's about 10 years ago without much issue, but that was 10 years ago. (also if I still had the bronco I wouldn't be as worried since the bronco was almost 7000lbs, I could drag a K5 anywhere, trying to pull a K5 with an XJ, even my heavy XJ, will be an issue.)

If there is a winch anchor it won't be an issue, but I seem to remember that there is not a way to pull someone straight up that slab.

Thanks

Nathan

rwalk

I don't have any pictures, but there is no winch anchor at the top. Although, I don't think you'll have a problem getting somebody up it, I got pulled up withoht issue after I blew my rear driveshaft on Golden Spike.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
It's been a year since I've done it, I don't think a K5 on 35" tires will have an issue. I did it in my Tacoma with 265/75/16 tires with an open diff. The older YJ's I was with had more issues because of the shorter wheelbase, I think the K5 is longer than a Wrangler.

It was worse than it has been in past years, quite a bit more dug out and less rocks piled at the bottom than I remember in the past. Even though it's a bit of an angle I think if you had to you could throw a strap/cable to another vehicle as long as you didn't get too carried away and pulled them off the good line.

clfrnacwby

Recovery Addict
This is just a couple of weeks ago in RZR's...

[video=youtube_share;A8CB9iUIzwE]http://youtu.be/A8CB9iUIzwE[/video]

thenag

This is just a couple of weeks ago in RZR's...

[video=youtube_share;A8CB9iUIzwE]http://youtu.be/A8CB9iUIzwE[/video]

Sweet.

There is actually a new (easier) line, since I have been out there.

The 3rd Razor goes up what used to be the easy line.

Thanks