Eagles Nest on Constrictor

RockChucker

I saw this pic on one of the fb groups. I've asked there as well...does anyone know what happened to the tree that appears to have been broken off on Eagles nest? Doesn't look to be any remnants of it around. Just curious. It was still standing when I was out there a few weeks ago.

f0d49541012bf7d8022626198e7305b0.jpg

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
:(

I wish people would have stayed on the trail and not started going around the left side of the tree. Those trails see a lot of traffic, lots of people out there without respect for trail manners & staying on the established trail.

ricsrx

i noticed a couple of years ago that the tree had been run over and smashed to the ground.

Last edited:

RockChucker

Based on further conversation on the fb post, the tree was there around noon yesterday. Bummer deal for sure. I imagine someone was trying their hand at rock bouncering up the left side and took the tree out after a nice bounce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Not saying the full size rig world is perfect, but after seeing a bunch of new "go arounds" in Moab created by the SXS crowd, I wonder how much of that plays into this.

I also wonder if some fencing similar to the Moab Friends of Four Wheeling have on Pritchett might help curb the crazy... They have done a great job down there... :)

amp713

I was in that group post on FB, it was there when my buddy went up it in his JKU. When I got there with the buggies following me it was gone, I walked up while the buggies were staring at it and it was already ripped out. And I didn't see any remnants...... I know of a few people who went up before us but who knows who tore it out. It looked like it had been ripped out low vs smashed off of by someone rock bouncing against it.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
created by the SXS crowd, I wonder how much of that plays into this.
Being in the "SXS crowd", I would love to see a RZR attempt that climb. Ya, don't think so. But hey, if you want to label, I guess that is your opinion.

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
id guess that someone got a wheel hooked on it, and pulled the roots right out. that whole shelf is solid rock, so im surprised that tree lasted as long as it did.

RogueJeepr

Here!
I wonder if some fencing similar to the Moab Friends of Four Wheeling have on Pritchett might help curb the crazy... They have done a great job down there... :)

Id like to see a pic of that.
Maybe we could do something when the sign gets reinstalled.
I'll post up plans as soon as I get the sign done.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
The trail today is nowhere close to what it was when we opened it. If you want to take it back to it's original conditions and lines it would be an extensive amount of work and time. There are several obstacles that most people don't even know were/are part of the main trail. I bet only a few individuals know where Brittany's Boxs (which was one of the hardest and most damaging obstacles) is and I'm not talking about the singer :eek: When I drive the trail, I drive it like I did back in the first days. If someone saw me driving the way it was intended, I bet some would think I'm make a new line and would call be names. :rofl:

Last edited:

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
The trail today is nowhere close to what it was when we opened it. If you want to take it back to it's original conditions and lines it would be an extensive amount of work and time. There are several obstacles that most people don't even know were/are part of the main trail. I bet only a few individuals know where Brittany's Boxs (which was one of the hardest and most damaging obstacles) is and I'm not talking about the singer :eek: When I drive the trail, I drive it like I did back in the first days. If someone saw me driving the way it was intended, I bet some would think I'm make a new line and would call be names. :rofl:

this intrigues me...

Kevin B.

Big hippy
^ Me too. I'd love to tag along the next Old Guys run to see how it looked back then. I've heard of Brittany's Box but I don't know what it refers to.