Old School Rock Racers: IMPORTANT NEWS

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
So, Craig asked if I wanted to marshall the Rock Race at this year's OSRC-- and before I could stop it my mouth said "Yes", because I am always ready to help w/OSRC. :D

I'm putting this here as kind of a preview before the meeting this week, so we're all on the same page going into it.

In years past the rock race has been slow to get going, which is no fun for anyone-- including the spectators who are watching. :D

So, a couple things:

1. if you're racing-- and especially if you're crawling first-- be READY TO GO as soon as possible. What that means will get settled at the meeting, obviously we need to clear the course and get flaggers set, but plan on heading to staging ASAP. More on that Thursday or Friday.

2. If you have people helping out w/the race flagging or working a corner, have THEM ready too. Staffing these events is volunteer-dependent, and we need people where we need them, WHEN we need them.

3. If you have extra entourage that can, please ask them to help clear the course and get set up. We usually get a pretty good turnout but this year I'd like to get the show on the road sooner rather than later, and resetting the course takes a while when there's only a couple people to do it. :D

Craig and I will go over more of this when we all get there, but let's all plan on a brisk pace getting set up, so we can get to the race-- which is going to be pretty friggin' awesome this year, with new course elements, a land-rush start, and a bunch of 4X00 cars hauling the mail around the new track layout.

See you all later this week!!! Stoked for this year's race and the new rock course obstacles!! Plus more Promod and Unlimited cars are coming. Gonna be rad. :greg: