Great People at OSRC

Craig S

Commando
Great events are possible because of great people. The sponsors that make OSRC possible are staffed by great people. The sponsors this year made a big difference in the event. The food generously donated by Low Range and Yukon/Sexton was impressive. Over 200 people judges, competitors, and sponsors were served at each setting. Low Range cooked up breakfast fit for a king with eggs, pancakes, sausage, bacon, and all the trimmings. Sexton off- Road fixed a dinner that included roast pork, corn salad, and desert. These are the kind of things that make an event great.

Sean Conk and staff at Low Range went the extra mile this year by also hosting the pre-tech party on May 7th at Low Range in Orem Utah. Pre-tech is important because there is no possible way to get 70+ teams through tech inspection Friday morning before the event. Low Range helps OSRC behind the scenes in other ways. This year’s poster was put together by Low Range and is the best poster OSRC has ever had. Sean also took time to help with Facebook this year. Things like this make a big difference because it is just Lisa and I putting the event together and it is a big job.

Greg Mulky from Raceline is an old friend of mine. Our friendship goes back 15 years. Greg was involved with UROC from the beginning and has been helping out at OSRC for the past few years. Raceline donated the set of Monster bead lock wheels for Tyler Harper’s overall win this year in the Legend class. Greg also cooked Lisa and I an awesome steak and shrimp dinner after the event on Saturday night. That act of kindness was greatly appreciated.
Maxxis donates tires each year that go to the U4WDA’s raffle. The U4WDA has supported OSRC every year from the beginning 10 years ago. Matt Westrich (The Big Sarge) announces each year for the OSRC. The past two years Brent Blake has been helping Sarge with the announcing duties. The U4WDA is helping to keep your trails open. Join the U4WDA it’s only 10 bucks.

Tom Wood is really the man who got OSRC started 10 years ago. He called me up out of the blue and suggested that I start up rock crawling comps again. This was about the same time that Kevin Morris from Millard County asked for my help with the rock courses. Tom Wood’s Custom Drive Shaft has been a supporting sponsor from the beginning. Tom also helps the U4WDA and many other groups. My shaft is a Woody, is yours?

Baggs Testing and Rental’s Eli Allen has helped each year with the trophies. Eli is also a competitor and has won the Overall Event title once in the UTV class. Stealth Gear came on board this year with some sponsorship and donated prizes for the competitors in the form of concealed weapon holsters. Poulsen Trailers donated great discounts on trailers to winners at the event. Dave Poulsen also competed this year in the super competitive unlimited class.

There were many more great people involved at this year’s OSRC besides the sponsors. The judges, the competitors, the vendors, and Millard County’s staff with Kevin Morris were essential. Rawlin Mcghie came out and helped us test the new Rock Cross course before the event. There are many other people that help make OSRC a success. The Stumph family salutes you all!

ghetto

Thank you Craig and Lisa! It was a great event. I am so happy to have this event to look forward to every year. Everyone did a great job. The courses were awesome. I got to run the rock race and it was a blast. The volunteers and judges were super awesome. It can't be an easy job to stand out in the sun and do what yet did but they were fair and unbiased but kept the event moving. It seemed like it was over too quick. Thanks again to all of the sponsors. The food was great and much appreciated. I can't wait till next year!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk