Single Cab 2nd Gen Tundra

Hi all,
I posted my 4Runner for sale on here a while ago (before my "vacation" to Afghanistan) which left me 4WD-less. While I was away I had plenty of time to think of what I wanted next. I needed something for Home Depot runs, off-road-able (not enormous), aftermarket available, tow cars/stuff, comfortable and reliable. As a single dude with no kids, I have no need for a double cab or crew cab. As a diehard Toyota fan I discovered Toyota made a single cab 2nd gen in standard (mid) bed. After a bit of research they're actually the same length of a Access Cab Tacoma but a bit wider. Plus, when lifted they look like a bizzaro stadium truck. They're surprisingly small, very bulldog-ish which I like. The space behind the seats is insane for a single cab. I could easily fit an ARB fridge back there with the seats all the way back. I currently have two totes with my recovery gear and tools. Everyone complains about the Tundra fit and finish or the rough ride. The interior is meh but it's a truck. The ride is meh, because it's a truck. The 5.7 is glorious in every way. The trans is always confused due to the 35s, gears and arb rear are on the list though.

Anyways, here are a few boring poser pics. I mostly go solo (always up to go with other people though) and I have a stock spare so nothing hardcore just yet. I just ordered another Cooper and Wheel combo for a spare. The Cooper S/T Maxx tires are fantastic. I've run Duratracs and Open Countrys on previous rigs and these are the best. Aired down they're killer. The truck came with Pro Comp leveling shocks, they're not great but they work. I'm planning on getting Dakar springs first, it sags pretty bad loaded, then get a set of proper coilovers. I had an ARB air compressor from my 4Runner that I installed, helps with air up and for the locker I'll be getting. It also came with a Banks cat-back that sorta drones but sounds great, an "Undercover" tonneau that I've been too lazy to remove, and some cheapo MB Wheels wheels. I'll keep the tonneau on there until I can get a bed cage made. Also, as I was driving back from Seattle I popped open the tonneau and saw a full set of stock TRD Tundra wheels with brand new snow tires, score.

QzMsK5v.jpg

Only aired to 20psi, plenty of sidewall for lower psi.
hgWH0fA.jpg

BOdwQGA.jpg

TonyP83

Thanks.
Toyota still makes a single cab but only in long bed. As far as I know the standard cab in 6.5ft bed variant was only available in the pre-facelift.