Home brew Toyota

Home brew Toyota (F-toy based)

Owners Name & City- Tristin, Salt lake.

Make, Model & Year of Vehicle- Misc Toyota 85-93

Chassis- Home made, tried to keep the outside dimensions close to a f-toy but 3" wider for more room inside.

Engine- 93 Toyota truck 22re with a 1987 celiac alltrac CT26 turbo (running 8psi peak with factory waste gate)

Transmission- stock 87 4Runner 5speed

T-Case- Dual cases 2.28 front 4.7 rear with twin sticks and a cut down TG cross member fit between the frame rails.

Axles- Front trail gear rock assault Tacoma width passenger drop housing 6 shooters, spool, 5.29's, alloys ect
Rear stock IFS width housing, big truss, spool, 5.29's.

Suspension- Trail-gear 5" springs with some leafs taken out. Rears are in boarded to match the front width and have orbital mounts. Bilstein 5125 shock F&R.

Wheels and Tires- Atx bead locks 37" creepys.

Other- I built it in my garage over a 4 month period with help from a few buddies. Made it a 4 seater for family trail riding. Took a lot of the F-toy ideas With my own twist on some things. I finally got it out and on the trail, so far I have ran hanging tree and the 5 mile trails. Loving the setup a lot, it seams less top heavy and lighter then when it was full bodied.

image_zps5xpkyckh.jpg

image_zpsowkrldwq.jpg

image_zpsdwehdbyh.jpg

image_zpsesfql9zl.jpg

image_zpsrjzru3vk.jpg

image_zpsoyh5kibl.jpg

Last edited:

gorillaxj

Always building hardly wheeling
Here are some more picture of the build. It was interesting to figure out things as you go. I am glad I chosse this style of build over a 100% custom buggy as a lot of it was already planned from looking at F-toys.

What it started as....
imagejpg2_zps4fc277d2.jpg

After some good trail abuse... The tear down began.
image_zpscnew6iqr.jpg

Found a good 85 solid axle frame to start from, cut it down, striped it and cleaned it. Then started with suspension and drivetrain.
image_zpsgmjdogim.jpg

image_zps4g2xo5ry.jpg

Used ruff stuffs stretch leaf mounts to try to give a better departure angle and proper wheel base with leafs.
image_zpsniqu5vff.jpg

Started on chassis and making it a roller.
image_zpsdpjq4sqg.jpg

Put the floor in...

image_zpsmsjymomz.jpg

image_zpssrx0difh.jpg

image_zps1wdkh3qh.jpg

Last edited: