School me on battery tenders.

jedi

aboogadaboogadaboogada
I want something I can charge my jeep and my trailer battery with. My jeep has an Agm Sears battery and my trailer has a regular battery. Want a tender to put on the trailer to keep it charged and be able to use it on my jeep if I need to. School me on what to buy!

ricsrx

the last charger i bought was listed as a tender for marine applications, i dont know if it makes any difference....

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
I'm a little confused as to what you are looking for. The alternator in your jeep will charge the jeep and as long as you have a positive wire in your trailer harness it should charge your battery on the trailer while traveling. If you want to hook up a tender to the jeep that will also charge the trailer at the same time, you will have to run a direct line from the battery to the trailer. Remember, a tender (most) is just that, tending , not all are designed to "charge". They maintain a small current to keep the battery fresh.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
http://www.optimabatteries.com/en-us/products/charger

I use the digital 400 to replenish my yellow top after my fridge drains it, and to keep it topped of between trips.

Has a little mount to hang on the wall that you could attach to your trailer, easily disconnects from it if you wanted to pull it off and hook up to the jeep

332107d857fa8ccdb4717c3567e85850.jpg

Last edited:

Rock Taco

What about solar tenders? I have more cars than I can drive being just one person and it seems I can never remember to start them all at least once a week.

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
I have a ctek charger/tender built for a gel/yellow top battery. Works great and was about $100 off of amazon. I have a old school charger if anyone wants it for free

jedi

aboogadaboogadaboogada
Just home charging. Not while traveling. I was thinking about the optima one but was not sure if it is worth the money. Have heard good things about c tec. Bought a battery tender plus and took it back. 12 hour charge on the camper and still not a full charge.

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
I think mine is the 7002 model. It even has a optima yellow top on it. I throw in on in the winter when the Jeep doesn't get a lot of run time.

CTEK_MUS7002.jpg