1993 Chevy Cheyenne Single Cab SWB 2wd

Cascadia

Undecided
Last year right before my daughter was born I owned a 1965 Chevy short bed 2 wheel drive. It was supposed to be a project for my boy and I. Although it did run it still didn't have a floor in the bed, ps, pb, or an auto. It was fun to drive straight but not much more. I will have one again when I have more time and money. I had to sell it to pay hospital bills for my daughter.

My my boy has been begging me for an old Chevy or gmc since we sold it. Every time he sees one he asks if we can get it. I put up an ad on ksl for an 88-98 single cab short bed. A month or so later a guy contacted me saying he had one. I figured it'd just be a beater. He sent me pics of it in his moms garage. Covered in dust and boxes. He finally got all the clutter off and sent some more pics. It looked to be in great shape.

Notonly was it a single cab, 2wd, short bed, but it was also a Fleetside bed which I have rarely seen. They're usually the ugly (to me) step side. On top of that it was green. My boys favorite color. Turns out it is a 1 owner that got parked in the garage in 2006. The guy I bought it from, it was his dad's. He passed in 06 and the mom wouldn't let him sell it. The mom recently passed and he found my ad. It is a 93 with a 4.3, auto, and 137k original miles.

Plans for now are to get some non dry rotted tires. Change all the fluids, plugs, wires, clean the tank out. Then rip out the vinyl floor and get a carpet kit and dynamat it. Will also do a new headliner. It is fine but it was a smoker car so I want to get any remnant of that smell out. And I will also get the seat done. Maybe in leather. The only material in the car is the vinyl floor, tweed seat, and headliner so hopefully the smell goes easy.

Later er down the road I would like to do a 5.3 or 6.0 with a 4l80e, and some suspension mods and just have it be a sleeper.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 40
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 55
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 47

NYCEGUY01

Needs more low...

Ive been playing with this one for the last several months.
Its almost done...lol

02 V8 5sp. Its like driving a go-kart...lol

Last edited:

Cascadia

Undecided
That's what I have in mind. I really want an 03-06 Chevy or gmc and then work my way up to a 14 or newer 2wd sc SWB but funds are limited with my daughters hospital bills. So we can start here. Your truck looks great and is exactly what I have in mind.

NYCEGUY01

I actually dont like the brand new trucks lowered.
They have giant square wheel wells and just dont look right to me...

I had this one about 3" lower front and rear at one point and it looked perfect.
The wheels were tucked into the fenders and I thought the stance was perfect.

You just couldnt really drive the damn thing anywhere.

I took it to Sears to swap out a ratchet and almost needed a tow to get off the speed bump in the mall parking lot...

I raised it back up and now it sits at about 4.5" front and 7" rear drop and is very drivable, just not quite as cool...lol

Cascadia

Undecided
I want one of the new ones for comfort. I want to drive it everyday. I have a '16 Denali 3500 that is super comfortable but I don't like driving it all the time cause it's so big. So I'd like the same creature comforts but in a lot smaller package.

Is is there a certain brand you would recommend to lower it? It's kinda a budget build but don't want to skimp too much.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I think the new dodges I think 2010? look sweet dropped. 2wd, standard cab, with a hemi, sign me up, other than dealing with dodge issues.

NYCEGUY01

The Mcgaughy stuff is pretty nice but mine is all basic parts.

Belltech spindles and Cheapie front Springs.
I did my own flip kit ( Welded perches ), just had six states bend up the U-Bolts.
I did use an ORD 1" block so I get 1" more drop and keep the rear axle centered in the wheel well.
I think the shocks are Toxic. They were on Amazon for $140 / 4.

Ive got a set of rear drop shackles ( Need bushings, $10 ) you can have if you want to drop the rear either 2 or 3"
Ive got a set of drop leafs I took out you can have as well but Im not sure if they are the right length for your truck.
I think I have a set of the shock relocaters so you can keep stock rear shock lenghts.

If youre ever up this way you can have it all. I dont see myself using any of it anytime soon.

rholbrook

I was in Willard Friday having steak for lunch with my wife. I could have picked them up for you Tyson. If I lived in Willard I would eat there every day.

Cascadia

Undecided
You would eat everywhere everyday if you could Russ.

Main never really up that way. If I am ill get a hold of you. If not, I'll let Russ get them when he gets another steak. I appreciate it a lot!

Cascadia

Undecided
Well that didn't last long. Someone offered me nearly double what I paid. I couldn't sure it down. Truck is gone. But new project to come hopefully soon.

Cascadia

Undecided
I forgot about that thread of mine titled flavor of the week. It's been a while. Probably a year or so since I updated. I'm probably 10 cars behind.

S-10Dave

Lots of those still around, but they're all over $1000, then the immigrants ruin the ones they get hold of. How the hack am I going to build a fake 454SS at this rate?
My sincere sympathies and condolences.
I had an 06 GMC Sierra C1500, I lowered it, 3 months later I had it back to stock ride height. When it comes to full size GM pickups, older is better. Especially 2wd IFS geometry. But for least aero drag, 90-93 wins

NYCEGUY01

Hmmmm....

Decided after declaring it "finished" Im bored...

Time for a new project...

Prerunner anyone ?

Heres a teaser shot of things to come. The 1st delivery showed up today and many more expensive boxes are on their way here...

Today. New 35" Grabbers...
Tomorrow the new Methods and then the suspension and fiberglass parts will be trickling in...

Think they will fit ? ...lol

20161011_172859.jpg

D

Deleted member 12904

Hmmmm....

Prerunner anyone ?

Heres a teaser shot of things to come. The 1st delivery showed up today and many more expensive boxes are on their way here...

Tomorrow the new Methods and then the suspension and fiberglass parts will be trickling in...

View attachment 106855

What are the plans for suspension and shocks? who's glass? Conversion glass or staying with just fenders and bedsides? Come on man pretunners make me happy post some real details

Kevin B.

Big hippy
Hmmmm....

Prerunner anyone ?

View attachment 106855

Leave it at that height and tub it to fit those wheels and tires. That'd look sweet.