Jeep Russty's build: Squirt, the barn jeep

RockChucker

Recently, I mostly finished Bill the mutTJ. My brother Russty is one of my biggest partners in crime and always has been. He used to have a 4.7L swapped TJ that he sold right before he got married. It was replaced with a bone stock '98 TJ with plans of building it into a capable rig from the get go. Well fast forward a couple years and my jeep build changed a little. But so did his. He will be doing roughly the same thing as my jeep.

His little green jeep was pretty quickly named squirt after the cool little turtle in finding nemo. It worked great for what it was and he got that thing through metal masher, gold bar rim and hells revenge to name a few trails. The barn jeep comes from the "shop" we are building it in used to be a horse stable up until about 3 weeks ago [emoji23]

Specs as follows:
•6.0L 4L80e 241 with jbconversions super short shaft
•3 link front, single triangulated 4 link rear
•14" fox 2.0 coilovers
•21 gal fuel cell
•Front halfed and back halfed frame
•Scout II steering gear with some magic applied. 2 1/2" Howe single ended ram
•60s front and rear with zip lockers and 35 spline chromos
•lots of manual labor
•Poison Spyder armor
•37" mtrs on H2 wheels
•more manual labor

The goal is to have it a roller by October. And see where his funds are at that point to finish it. More than likely we won't be done until the spring as his funds allow for all the nickels and dimes it takes to finish up a build like this.

As it sits now, the jeep is totally stripped and beginning to go back together. The factory drivetrain and axles are gone and the 6.0/4L80 are in place. We cut the front of the frame off just in front of the motor mounts and have got the new frame rails built and steering gear mounted. Still lots of finish work to do on them and fish plates to make for the mitered joints. It looks very similar to my jeep with several minor tweaks that are making it easier to build and fit everything.

When it is done, this will be a pretty close before and after shot.
f1ec66d70604bda37028cbd6cd9ddfb1.jpg

3de5622c6908154be9144caf3f5065b7.jpg

30aacb567bb54605891e838c48f0e246.jpg
f8b34ba69dff894f60cdc01cd28152fb.jpg

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Decent! looks like a solid build plan. It sure is nice to do a big project like that by cutting the frame and starting over vs notching the frame and working around it.

RockChucker

^^^^ Crazy to see a pumpkin spinning on a lathe, looks super sketchy! :eek: :freak:

:greg: Pretty wild. It took a little while to dial in our RPM and feed rate, but we got it dialed in pretty good. Ended up spinning it at 280 rpm if I remember correctly. It was actually very balanced thanks to our nasty diff cover that we made to offset the pinion.

RockChucker

Roller status. Build hit the brakes pretty hard. Russty is in his last semester of engineering school and hasn't had much time to work on it. Progress is slow. But still happening.

9487e5e9a35079e262efb3aba45b1604.jpg