Proto Fab

LT.

Proto Fab
Have y'all ever heard the phrase that goes something like this? "If you have a good experience you tell one, a bad experience you tell 10?" I am going to try to turn this around.

Well, I had a fantastic experience with a company called Proto Fab. I bought another older truck in an effort to build an expedition rig. I was having a most difficult time finding a front bumper for it. I contacted Jeff's Bronco graveyard trying to get one made for me. They couldn't make what I was wanting. So, I contacted Proto Fab. Not only could they make exactly what I wanted they quoted me a price that would match what their competitor was asking. The bonus was their competitor didn't make what I was wanting.

Not only were they willing to make what I wanted they did it at competitive pricing and are shipping it to my door. Build time is 8 weeks.

Rob

thenag

Proto Fab

Not only were they willing to make what I wanted they did it at competitive pricing and are shipping it to my door. Build time is 8 weeks.

Rob

"shipping to my door"

So you don't have it yet?

I hope you don't have to edit your positive review.

In my build thread I gave positive remarks to the companies that were great to me, Clayton, Ruff Stuff, RidgidCo, hell even Duffy Machine surprised me, I didn't mention in the thread about the bad ones, but I will PM anyone with my bad experiences.

Nathan

LT.

I hope it all works out well. I spoke to the folks on the phone and was super impressed with their customer service. They are making the bumper to order. They don't have something in stock quite like I was wanting.

Rob.

LT.

Bad news today. I received the bumper today and the welds and fab work is just killer. Problem is that it ain't even close to fitting my truck. The f250 frame rails are a good inch to inch and a quarter wider than the f150/Bronco. I called them up today and there was some mix up and the order wasn't written quite right. They are giving me a full refund and are sending a truck to pick it up. Proto fab completely admitted fault and made no excuses for the finished product.

Because of this experience you may think I would be upset or pissed. Thing is I am not at all. In fact, I am still blown away with their customer service. I would recommend them to anyone even with this issue. I am still wanting a bumper for this old truck but, it will just have to wait I guess. Maybe I can convince someone from RME to build one for me someday.

Rob

LT.

Can't just move the mounting brackets out a bit?

The problem was they were fully welded with about 4' worth of welds. About 1 year ago I moved here to Texas and I don't know where to have any work done. I did think about hauling the whole thing to ChestonScouts house and getting him work his magic. Couldn't justify the trip.

Anyways, I received a full refund within minutes of my call to them. They fully accepted responsibility and were fantastic to work with.

Rob