'98 24 valve ext cab longbed tow pig....

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Not really a lot to say other than I didn't WANT to buy this truck but happened upon it and KNEW it was nice as I drove up to it. It's an auto, extended cab long bed (I'm a longbed kind of guy) and I know it will tow my Jeep fairly well. 207k miles on this old dog. It's really not to bad to drive at all. Pretty comfy and a good price for what it is. If I hate it, I'll flip it and make a thousand or two.

y3mcIUcAkmGhvBvJ80qdWcvCsMLivxpxLHO13q36RXzWelPOxZIFtTsz6mEbPD9FcBNp2YIdaTLcv8xeD9kMt999PHb9ft0ETA-Atz6dl3XD2Fi8FQwtNCFDyy4qtGharvZmm3D61zxMzylIcNviv9jhNlVW9rEcb8G5vjfiznqFQc

(hopefully that picture will show up....OneDrive is hosting and who knows....)

For now, I'm going to keep the shell on and see how that works out. I'm not much of a shell guy but it adds a lot to the "old man" persona and my wife hates it so I think I'll hold onto it :D

Truck has a new FASS pump, injector pump (about 10k ago), new trans (about 50k ago) and some trackbar and steering upgrades.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I'm not a shell guy, but my Colorado has one. Keeping tools and gear locked up is nice. also doubles well as a tent when needed.

Bart

I didn't think I was a shell guy either but my DMax came with one and I use it a lot. When we go to Powell it's nice to have tools, boxes, and covers locked up and not exposed or in the weather. I like the new ride.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
I think if my truck had an eight foot bed I'd go back to a box, but it is nice to have everything locked up out of site under a shell. My gripe with the shell is having to crawl into the bed to get to stuff near the front. I want to build a bed slide.

boogie_4wheel

My gripe with the shell is having to crawl into the bed to get to stuff near the front.

Mine came with a hard tonneau cover. Getting to the front of that 8-footer is hard on the knees, and terrible to slide something heavy toward the front. I want to swap out for a shell (had one on my last truck and loved it), but my wife loves the way the truck looks with the tonneau :amy: I can't even haul an XR50 unless I lay it on its side. Now isn't that stupid? I'm going to wear out the threads removing and installing this friggin thing.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
My gripe with the shell is having to crawl into the bed to get to stuff near the front. I want to build a bed slide.

I keep my totes in the front of the bed, then I use the shovel to hook and drag them back when I need them. I crawled about 2 times, and that sucked. Shovel works well.

mbryson

Supporting Member
I'm not a shell guy, but my Colorado has one. Keeping tools and gear locked up is nice. also doubles well as a tent when needed.

That's kind of my current train of thought. My knees will limit my ability to crawl around in there a little. I've thought of a bed slide but we'll have to see how I like the shell before I invest any real $ into the shell setup.

leorn

reset
I bought my 99 with 200 and just turned 300. I have done a lot of other things, but still on the same injector pump and fass, I can't complain a bit. My favorite upgrade so far has been sport lights with a relay to pull straight from the battery. It was about $500 in parts, but now the lights are as good as my Denali. I was overdriving my headlights at 30 mph it felt.

I have it registered to 34000 and use every bit of it frequently without trouble (NV4500). Surprised to see you in another Dodge!

mbryson

Supporting Member
I bought my 99 with 200 and just turned 300. I have done a lot of other things, but still on the same injector pump and fass, I can't complain a bit. My favorite upgrade so far has been sport lights with a relay to pull straight from the battery. It was about $500 in parts, but now the lights are as good as my Denali. I was overdriving my headlights at 30 mph it felt.

I have it registered to 34000 and use every bit of it frequently without trouble (NV4500). Surprised to see you in another Dodge!

yes, so am I. However, these things are pretty much gold on the used truck market and the shape this truck is in with where I bought it, I should be fine if it decides to be as big of a pile as my other Dodge

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I wish I still had my black '99 longbed, 24 valve, manual with power everything and leather!

Nice truck Marc, I think it was a very good buy!