Forest Lake Trail

Tonkaman

You can drive right past the construction at tibble fork no problem. Forest lake trail is much worse than its been the last few years so be prepared for a bit more rocks than usual.

cja89

I've never been up there (and rarely make it up AF Canyon), but it looks like an awesome spot. I'm in a 96 4Runner with rear locker and 32s. Am I going to have any issues going up to Forest Lake?

Tonkaman

I've never been up there (and rarely make it up AF Canyon), but it looks like an awesome spot. I'm in a 96 4Runner with rear locker and 32s. Am I going to have any issues going up to Forest Lake?

It is an awesome spot! This year it's in a bit worse shape than I remember it being in previous years. Luckily the very worst spot is the very beginning so you won't get any surprises if you make it past there. I think the 4 runner will make through just fine, but pick your lines carefully. If you had sliders I wouldn't even worry.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Forest service locked a lot of the gates in Salt Lake and Davis county on the 1st, I have no intel on Utah county

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
From the FS this morning:

"Thanks for the question. Right now those trails are also closed. We posted the closure for the core American Fork Single track in light of the recent rain storms. As of last week the trails weren’t drying out with the freeze thaw cycles and I anticipate that to continue to be the case unless we have a long spell with no precipitation. We will continue to monitor them, if conditions warrant we will lift the closure. Thank you again for caring enough to inquire"

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Hmmm, conflicting info. My reply is from the trail working group ranger out of the PG field office.

I spoke with a woman named Emily at the PG office and specifically asked about Forest Lake and MB, she said the only closure was the upper part of the loop until bad weather changes things lower in the canyon. Not sure what the single track trails are but might be a separate closure?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
He was quite clear what I was asking:

"Hello Colton, thanks for the update.

I understand SR92 is closed but are the motorized routes above Tibble Fork Reservoir still open?

Kurt"