Fixing up my old BMX

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I was in 7th grade and my parents told me if I kept my grades up they'd buy me this PK Ripper! I did and I rode the wheels off of it (literally haha) and even won a few races at the local BMX track. I promised myself I'd keep it around just in case I had kids that might appreciate it one day. Well eighteen or so years later my daughter is old enough to ride it and keeps bugging me to fix it up :D

Anyway who used to ride (or still does) BMX? What bike did/do you have? I went to every bike shop in town gathering parts and nobody has a new BMX bike on the floor.. I don't think kids ride them anymore :confused:

Shouldn't take much to get it going:
IMG_4004_zpsftztt9br.jpg

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
This is similar to the model I had. No one in my neighborhood was cool enough to BMX. I wanted a BMX so bad, I took off my banana seat. I didn't have money for a different seat, so I rode around on the seat post... One cheek at a time. Get your mind outta the gutter.

Attachments

• 2468055169_4833a9d8ef.jpg
    2468055169_4833a9d8ef.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 8

Pile of parts

This is similar to the model I had. No one in my neighborhood was cool enough to BMX. I wanted a BMX so bad, I took off my banana seat. I didn't have money for a different seat, so I rode around on the seat post... One cheek at a time. Get your mind outta the gutter.

I think my younger brother had that bike. I had this one. Rode it like that for years and then the modifications began to make it look "BMX".

140_0070.jpg

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
It's not as cool or as old, but my Haro F5 is a 2003 and I still ride it. It's a heavy tank even for what it was back then. Got it for Christmas when I was 13.

7A99CC80-0B22-4E3D-AA67-53CEA8627D4E_zps3fmiegvn.jpg

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I have my 19 year old mongoose hanging in the garage. I rode it a year ago. Did some sweet bunny hops that didn't impress the wife at all

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I used to race on my Schwinn 'Predator', looked similar to this:

schw pred.jpg

Then I moved up to my Schwinn 'Pro stock 3'

jump.jpg

Then into late Jr. high / Early H.S. I bought a Haro 'Revo' to begin my 'stunting' days..

revo.jpg

My 5yr old has asked if he can start racing his bike soon..

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
My oldest boy raced bmx out by West Jordan for a couple years. One of the guys who was pretty involved with the scene died of a heart attack in his early 30's. His daughter who is really fast would race one of her dad's old bikes every other week or so. It was super cool she was keeping her dad's memory alive and super cool to see the old Pk rippers, Robinsons and GT's he had.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Kevin B.

Big hippy
My first good bike was a black and gold Huffy Pro Thunder. Rode the hell out of that bike.

Oldest has a Trek mountain bike, but all his friends are on stunt bikes so he saved his money and bought a Mongoose. I think it's more of a park bike than a BMX, but he's made noises about wanting to race it.