Official 2016 NPLD - RME @ The Snakes

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Date: Saturday, September 24, 2016

Meeting Location: Snakes Parking area - Google Maps link - https://www.google.com/maps/@40.2482056,-112.2072826,1338m/data=!3m1!1e3

Starting Time: 9 AM

Cleanup time frame: Should be done by 1 to 2 PM.

For this years NPLD (National Public Lands Day) Event, we're going to work on our adopted trails out at 5 Mile Pass... the Snakes! The plan is to clean up any garbage along the way, block off unnecessary bypasses, and re-install the Constrictor sign that was ripped out some time ago. We will split up into 2-3 groups to cover the needed projects, hoping to have around 20 people total for the needed work.

Please arrive on time, it would be smart to wear boots, jeans and bring work gloves. Garbage bags will be provided! Bring lunch/drinks/snacks, too! We should be done by afternoon.

RogueJeepr

Here!
For some reason I thought this would be in (up coming trips).
As I posted in trail talk, id like to do a movie night and camp the night before. If this is OK with Greg ?
Dont wanna step on any toes.

There's 6 yrs of footage in it with local events from UROC to burnout contests and areas like AF canyon, UT desert, Bonneville speedeeek.
Who knows, you could be in it.
Everyone is invited. Post up if you are a (for sure ).

Greg

Admin
For some reason I thought this would be in (up coming trips).
As I posted in trail talk, id like to do a movie night and camp the night before. If this is OK with Greg ?
Dont wanna step on any toes.

There's 6 yrs of footage in it with local events from UROC to burnout contests and areas like AF canyon, UT desert, Bonneville speedeeek.
Who knows, you could be in it.
Everyone is invited. Post up if you are a (for sure ).

I'm focusing on the NPLD project myself, I'm not planning on camping out the night before.

I am planning to bring 3-4 bags of concrete, 12+ gallons of water, a 5 gallon bucket for mixing it and a shovel, pick and digging bar. Hopefully that will cover us for the sign replanting!

Are you good to haul it out to 5 Mile Pass for NPLD or should I come pick it up before hand?

RogueJeepr

Here!
Yeah I can haul it out there. I'll need a hand getting off the roof rack. I can bring a post hole digger, another digging bar also.

I'll camp the night before cause I wake up earlier.

As for the movie. I just need to know who for sure could camp so I know weather or not to rent the projector/screen .

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Greg,
I can bring my jeep trailer that I have used to haul trash out there before if that would be easier to haul your supplies.

I was also going to offer my dump trailer to be used to haul the trash away if it would be helpful.

Greg

Admin
Greg,
I can bring my jeep trailer that I have used to haul trash out there before if that would be easier to haul your supplies.

I appreciate the offer Dave, but I don't think a trailer is needed. I'm gong to haul up my supplies from Colorado, so they'll be loaded up in the Jeep anyhow. :D

Bart

That is the weekend we have planned to pull the boat back from Powell. I'll see if I can change that. I really want to be part of this.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Its getting closer. Almost 2 weeks away.
So im guessing nobody wants to see a movie the night before ???

Why would anyone want to watch a movie of offroading while sitting at a trailhead, when they could actually be offroading on the same trail instead?

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Why would anyone want to watch a movie of offroading while sitting at a trailhead, when they could actually be offroading on the same trail instead?

Yeah, that would lame. That would be as dumb as paying an ATV game while sitting on ATV's..

atv.jpg

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Yeah, that would lame. That would be as dumb as paying an ATV game while sitting on ATV's..

View attachment 106334

Well, I was just offering. Its cool though. I can do my own thang that night. Probably go to the races or something.

My my comment was totally supposed to be in support of the movie idea. I was being sarcastic, which obviously can't come through on a post. My bad. Many apologies. We have a ton of fun doing movies and games (I'm in the ATV picture) while camping.