RME Sheep Creek 8/19-8/20 campout

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
Somehow I deleted my trip invite thread but the campout happened and it was great!
We meet at the 5th water trail head after a little bit of trying to find each other and camped in a nice little grassy meadow by the stream.
Spork brought his four daughter's and Tonkaman brought is wife and daughter. I enjoyed the company of the children and the time in the outdoors.

We sat up camp and Tonkaman sat up a slack line for the kids and they played on it all night long, it was a great idea. We made a small fire and cooked dinner and talked by the fire until late.
Tonkaman had his 2016 Tacoma and his roof top tent, Spork brough his Sequoia and a Kodiak tent and i was the odd man out in the Dodge Nitro, i decided to sleep in it as i plan on spending some time this winter in it and i wanted to give it a try.

The night was cool but not too cold and the coyotes were singing now and again, the moon was bright and it was a good night.

The next morning we got up and the girls played for a couple hours and ate breakfast, the found a bunch of beaver dams and probably saw every square inch of ground in the surrounding area, they had plenty of energy and were everywhere.

We broke camp at about 11:00 and drove across to Strawberry, it took a little over an hour to get there and we caught crayfish for a couple hours and had lunch.

Thanks to Spork and Tonkman for the good time, its always good to meet new people and get to know them.

IMG_8477.JPGIMG_8478.jpgIMG_8481.jpgIMG_8482.JPGIMG_8483.JPGIMG_8484.JPG

Last edited:

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
That looks like fun and would have been a great trip with my son. Thanks for putting it together and hopefully I don't have plans or family in town over the next one.

Tonkaman

My family had a wonderful time! It was so nice to be In good company all while letting the kids make new friends.

After hanging out with you guys Saturday we stayed another night south of Strawberry. Oddly enough that night went well below freezing! We woke to ice on everything and frozen water bottles/jugs. I couldn't believe it! All that cold didn't stop my daughter from begging us to go fishing for crawdads again. We took her back to the lake and she swam around all while catching crawdads. We even managed to squeeze in some dirt bike time together.

Big thanks for inviting us out with the group. I love meeting fellow RME supporters.

39994d05b24ce1adf97e8b636000e63b.jpg

cb980c888c73f28fbf4781158ec3f376.jpg
f3ea713d44ac26dbd0b6da79737a6f55.jpg
171a728b16c74b76ded1c00a49f7752a.jpg
9962e760bbfb1dd4d13c4ff2c0b087b0.jpg
ce74e57a938074c7e3af9fc178db063c.jpg

Caleb

How were the mosquitos and flies in the area? We used to camp up in that area all the time but last year we ended our campout early and came home because the flies and mosquitos were so bad. Love the area though, looks like everyone had a great time.

Tonkaman

Surprisingly I didn't see hardly any flies or mosquitos! I couldn't believe it, especially since we camped next to a beaver damn