granite gear thumbs up

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I thought I would share my experience with warranty work through granite gear. I LOVE granite gear packs, but have never had an issue with one until recently. Many companies say they have a lifetime warranty, but in my experience they don't always honor it. I sent 2 packs in to Granite Gear for warranty work.

The Rat race is a briefcase/ backpack. Granite gear doesn't make this pack anymore. I have used it every single day to carry my computer/stuff back and forth at work for the past 9 years. 9 solid years! I had a zipper come unstitched making it hard to zip open on one side. I was still functional, but a pain. I sent it in and they repaired the zipper free of charge. They don't use the same zipper anymore so the unstitched the entire pack and put the newer style zipper in. It looks and functions perfectly.

The Meridian vapor is a ultralight backpacking bag. I have used this pack regularly for about 13 years to backpack. About 4 years ago I started using it as an airline checked bag. As most of you know that is tough on packs. A zipper blew out on a trip to Peru. I sent it in and they replaced the entire zipper for free. Even the return shipping was free.

Granite Gear stands behind their products. KUDOS to granite gear!!