Blazing Saddles ... now in theaters!

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Along with numerous other people, I have often said Blazing Saddles is a film that Hollywood would never make again, and therefore it's a film you would never again see on the big screen. It turns out I was only half right.

Yesterday my brother-in-law mentioned that, in honor of Gene's recent passing, the film is being re-released into AMC theaters for just a few days. As usually happens with such special engagements, it is being shown only in "select" cities around the country... but, lucky me, one of those cities is Salt Lake! It is being shown at the AMC West Jordan 12 theater.

And that is how and why I am going to see Blazing Saddles in a theater this evening for the first (and undoubtedly last) time in my life. If anyone else wants the same opportunity, it is being shown in that theater once each evening at 7:30pm through this Thursday, Sept 8th.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Lightning is going to strike twice!

To celebrate the film's 50th anniversary, Fathom Events is bringing Blazing Saddles back to theaters for two nights later this year--Sunday Sept 15th and Wednesday Sept 18th. Don't say I didn't give you enough advance notice this time.

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/blazing-saddles-50th-anniversary/

Shock your kids. Shock your wife. Bring them out to see the pinnacle of satirical comedy cinema. :D